Cant grab actor

With this code in my grabber component’s tick:

// Called every frame
void UCOMP_REALGRABBER::TickComponent(float DeltaTime, ELevelTick TickType, FActorComponentTickFunction* ThisTickFunction)
{
	Super::TickComponent(DeltaTime, TickType, ThisTickFunction);
	if (!MyPawn || !MyPhysicsHandle)
	{
		return;
	}
	else
	{
		if (HasHit)
		{

GrabberHold_Location = GrabberLocation_Begin + GetForwardVector() * GrabberHoldDistance;
		MyPhysicsHandle->SetTargetLocationAndRotation(GrabberHold_Location, GetComponentRotation());
		UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Attempting to hold an object at location:%s and rotation:%s, The physicshandlename:%s is holding actor:%s"), 
			*GrabberHold_Location.ToCompactString(), 
			*GetComponentRotation().ToCompactString(),
			*MyPhysicsHandle->GetName(),
			*MyPhysicsHandle->GetGrabbedComponent()->GetAttachmentRootActor()->GetActorNameOrLabel()
			);
		}
	}
}

I can walk over to the gargoyle and when i try to pick it up, my logfile shows correctly:

LogBlueprintUserMessages: [BP_MyPawn_C_0] Grab - Pressed - Left Mouse Button
LogTemp: Warning: Grabbing Something...
LogTemp: Error: HitActor:SM_Gargoyle_Statue     HittingDistance:219.096573   Hitlocation: V(X=683.04, Y=787.48, Z=69.19)
LogTemp: Warning: Attempting to hold an object at location:V(X=663.05, Y=769.51, Z=82.56) and rotation:R(P=-23.45, Y=14.76), The physicshandlename:PhysicsHandle is holding actor:SM_Gargoyle_Statue

and as I walk around the location and rotation changes as expected.

However the gargoyle never moves at all.

I’ve set the gargoyle to ‘movable’ and enabled physics on it.

I’m not sure what else I can try.

My debug spheres appear correctly also:

Ive just made some progress - i have removed all object around the gargoyle and tried ‘outside’ and i was able to ‘kind of’ move it around … will update here where i’ve figured out the issue.

ok resolved - the issue:
The space around the gargoyle was too cramped for testing, and i’d also failed to update the location of my ‘hands’ each frame.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms