Can't Create New Topics

P.S. Why are we only allowed to respond to ben?

Hi @Ray_H, you are allowed to do much more than that! :slight_smile:

Are you asking why there is a ā€œBe the first to postā€¦ā€ type of post for each lecture, or, are you experiencing difficulties with the forum?

In many areas of this forum (this one included) I am only permitted to reply to Benā€™s ā€˜Be The Firstā€¦ā€™ topic. In other areas I can create my own topic(s).

Hello @Ray_H,

Could you give me a couple of specific examples that I could check for your please.

The forum software runs a user trust level system, the more a user participates, the quicker they move up through the the levels of the system. It may be that there are some limitations in place because you are currently a ā€œmemberā€ as opposed to a ā€œregularā€, but if you could give me some examples I can check for you.

Note, Iā€™ve broken our messages out into a new topic so as not to clutter the other thread :slight_smile:

Rob, It seems to have gone back to behaving normally. i.e. I can now create new topics.

1 Like

Hi Ray,

Strange. When you couldnā€™t did the + New Discussion button (top right of the page) not appear? Or did a message / error appear?

I know that there is a daily limit, I believe itā€™s currently set to 20 per user. There is also a kind of cooling off period after each post / new topic, this is measured in seconds but I donā€™t think exceeds three 2 minutes for a new topic.

There was no ā€˜+ New Discussionā€™ exactly as there is none at this moment because I am reading a discussion. But I can now exit reading the discussion and it will appear. Before there was no way to NOT be reading the discussion.

1 Like

hmm, not come across that before.

If it happens again, please let me know, and grab a screenshot if you can - you can tag me (@rob) or send me a private message if you are unable to create a new topic in this category.

For now I will close this topic and re-open if this issue appears again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms