Can we use LTS 2021.3.30f1 if required for integration into a project?

Hi there! I am very excited to begin this course, and Gamedev.tv in general! I know how these courses are set up, specifically that we should use whatever Unity version is suggested so as not to run into unexpected issues down the line.

However, I am about to ask the question… is it okay to use an LTS version for 2021. :sweat_smile:

The reason I even dare to ask is that I am actually trying to integrate this course into a bigger project I am working on whose assets only support up to 2021 at this current time. There is a chance I’ll migrate to a later version (like 2022), but sadly I have to wait for the required assets to become compatible.

If this is going to break my progress in the course, I will use a fresh project, and just take along with it the scripts and learning experience!

Thank you so much again, and I’m excited to progress in this course!

I don’t think you will have a problem using 2021.

1 Like

Things should work in 2021. We used 2022 to start the course as current as possible. You may find some small differences in look and feel, but everything we use is also in Unity 2021

1 Like

I don’t think you will have a problem using 2021.

Thank you @bixarrio! Thank God. Lol Unity compatibility headaches are still nightmare-fuel for me.

Things should work in 2021. We used 2022 to start the course as current as possible. You may find some small differences in look and feel, but everything we use is also in Unity 2021

@Brian_Trotter Thank you! I’ll keep on with 2021. Tbh, one day I hope to migrate to 2022. I feel like I’ve been trapped in the dark ages. XD Space Graphics Toolkit has been lagging behind in its updating to newer Unity versions (no offense to DarkCoder, his work is amazing and currently irreplaceable on the store).

Anyway, I’m super excited to continue!

I used 2021.3.29f1 for this class. No issues at all.

Not sure the specifics on this one (haven’t used it), but often even if something is listed as incompatible, unless it’s using a fully obsolete feature it’s still useable.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms