Can standalone build works without Unity DLL?

Hi there,

In the course, you say that the exe file can be moved, sent, hosted, etc. however mine does not work without its 35 mb companion dll (which is kind of painful considering that the exe is less than 1 mb).

Is there an option somewhere to package them together and prune unused unity code so that the final executable size reflects the content of the game ?

Thanks in advance

Hi @aashintan,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Unity is very powerful, and you can make many awesome things with it. However, a big disadvantage is that the size of the most simple game (build) is still very high. As far as I know, ee cannot change that.

Nevertheless, maybe someone knows more. Please feel free to ask our helpful community of students over on our Discord chat server.

See also:

Thanks for the quick response.

I found my answer after a few search though, by using il2cpp backend, IR can be pruned (and is by default if I understand the default settings correctly).

More on that here :

However I was not able to test it yet as il2cpp requires visual studio and windows SDK to perform.

I leave that here in case it helps someone with the same question :smiley:

Cheers,

Awesome. Thanks for sharing these links. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms