Can I post my Delivery Driving game to itch.io?

Hello, I recently returned to this project and fleshed it out into a very small game. I posted it to gamedev.tv’s sharemy game site since I assumed that was okay.

But I was wondering since I was still using the assets provided in the lecture, is it okay to post this game to a place like itch.io? I have no interest in monetizing it at all. I just want to post it somewhere else to get more potential feedback. Thanks for any clarification that can be provided!

Hi,

Generally, you are allowed to do with your course games whatever you want. However, before uploading them anywhere, it is highly recommended to read the licenses of the assets and replace the assets if in doubt.

You could get free assets from this website:

Did this help?

See also:

Okay, so basically if in doubt then change the course assets to something else? All the other assets I use in my game are either stuff I made myself or I looked up the licenses and cited them accordingly (whether they need them or not in the case of CC0). But I wasn’t sure what kind of license the course assets had.

Okay, so basically if in doubt then change the course assets to something else?

That’s my personal approach to potential copyright issues. Better safe than sorry.

Usually, we use free assets only in our course but since I was not able to find any license (text) and since I currently do not know if Rick created these assets, I don’t want to write anything that could get you into trouble.

Rick created a few assets himself but, unfortunately, I do not know which ones. Before I’m telling you anything wrong, I prefer to say “I don’t know”. However, I sent a message to Rick asking who created the assets for the Delivery Driver game. I’ll reply here again once he replies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for all your help! And I can completely understand your sentiment. Hoping to hear a reply soon!

I recommend for the delivery driver game that you only use the assets for non-commercial student projects. If you wanted to release the game as a paid game then I’d suggest you replace the assets with something you create or something you purchase the usage rights for.

Okay, thank you both for your responses! I think I’ll just keep it only on ShareMyGame for the moment then. I feel like that game is “completed” for the most part and I’d like to move on to my next project. I’ll keep all that in mind going forward though for whenever I finish my next project and want to post it to places.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms