C++ fundamentals axe game;

Hello, i am currently trying to learn C++ through your courses and have currently run into a problem and are unsure of what i am doing in wrong.

when i try to run debug i dont get the window up for a very short second as shown in the video and i am unable to “step into”

this is what i get when hitting debug:

first time i have ever touched C++ and need some help :slight_smile:
Best regards,
Kim

I am having the exactly same issue other then the debug issue you have. The options to skip are completely greyed out for me as well. Did you ever get a work around or answer to this?

@VapinGamer suprisingly i managed to find a fix for this problem by doing the following:

Go to Windows Control Panel (You can do this by opening File Explorer and in the path type ‘Control Panel’ (without quotes) and hit Enter);

1. From the Control Panel, click on ‘Clock and Region’.
  2. Click Region. A new screen will open.
  3. In the screen that opened, click on Administrative and search for the button “Change system location”.
  4. Check the option: “Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for world language support”
  5. Restart the computer.

when i tried debugging the first time after restarting the pc i got a message that i pressed “debug anyway” and after this everything was working properly.

hope this helps!

Thanks for the feedback Kim I rally appreciate it. I did what you suggested but still no luck for me. Step Over, Step Into and Step Out are all greyed out for me still. I am going to do a search to see if there is way for me to enable those that somehow maybe I have them turned off. Thanks for your help.

Out of curiosity, are you stopped at a breakpoint in your code?

yeah, i noticed that yesterday aswell! when not stopped at a breakpoint after the restart the “step in” etc is greyed out. so thats is a valid question!

The stepping features are only active if your code is stopped in debugging mode. Which happens when you place a breakpoint or your code crashes (though when crashed you also can’t step)

I too am getting the terminated with exit code 2 currently on the axe game first lecture

Yea that is exactly where I was. I was finally able to get past it once I realized that I did need to add a breakpoint, however, in the video that was not 100% clear which is what had me confused. Like I posted in the forums, it would be good to say, if these steps are greyed out for you that means you did not set the breakpoint and then run the debugger. Just my 2 cents though. Luckily I was able to get past it.

Privacy & Terms