C++ Components

Hi, I have problame when I restart UE all my C++ Components removed from all actors, BP and I have to make them again

Have you seen the Live Coding issue in Obstacle Assault?

yah closing the editor and compile from IDE didn’t works, But when I disable Live coding it work thanks.

Now when i compile (not live code) I get this

LoginId:d2a9a00f4e3af2
EpicAccountId:23c2cefc09ff4

Assertion failed: bIsReallyAChild [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\KismetReinstanceUtilities.cpp] [Line: 2703]

UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintCompileReinstancer::ReparentChild() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\KismetReinstanceUtilities.cpp:2703]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!FBlueprintCompileReinstancer::ReparentChild() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\KismetReinstanceUtilities.cpp:2691]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!FReloadClassReinstancer::SetupNewClassReinstancing() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\ReloadUtilities.cpp:186]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!FReloadClassReinstancer::FReloadClassReinstancer() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\ReloadUtilities.cpp:444]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!FReloadClassReinstancer::Create() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\ReloadUtilities.cpp:126]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!FReload::ReinstanceClass() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\ReloadUtilities.cpp:1044]
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd!FReload::Reinstance() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Kismet2\ReloadUtilities.cpp:1019]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!ProcessNewlyLoadedUObjects() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\UObjectBase.cpp:931]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject!TBaseStaticDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(FName,bool),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::ExecuteIfSafe() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:731]
UnrealEditor_Core!TMulticastDelegate<void __cdecl(FName,bool),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Broadcast() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateSignatureImpl.inl:967]
UnrealEditor_Core!FModuleManager::LoadModuleWithFailureReason() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Modules\ModuleManager.cpp:558]
UnrealEditor_Core!FModuleManager::LoadModule() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Modules\ModuleManager.cpp:382]
UnrealEditor_HotReload!FHotReloadModule::DoHotReloadInternal() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\HotReload\Private\HotReload.cpp:808]
UnrealEditor_HotReload!UE::Core::Private::Function::TFunctionRefCaller<<lambda_2ab8e45a3f684f862113e2551d660779>,void __cdecl(TMap<FName,FString,FDefaultSetAllocator,TDefaultMapHashableKeyFuncs<FName,FString,0> > const &,bool,enum ECompilationResult::Type)>:() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\Function.h:549]
UnrealEditor_HotReload!FHotReloadModule::CheckForFinishedModuleDLLCompile() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\HotReload\Private\HotReload.cpp:1673]
UnrealEditor_HotReload!FHotReloadModule::Tick() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\HotReload\Private\HotReload.cpp:1225]
UnrealEditor_HotReload!TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<0,FHotReloadModule,bool __cdecl(float),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Execute() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:453]
UnrealEditor_Core!FTSTicker::Tick() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Containers\Ticker.cpp:110]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:5439]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:183]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:147]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:283]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:330]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\a01\_work\6\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll```

What did you do before getting that?

Just following the course

I’m aware of that. I was asking what you did specifically to end up with that. What changes did you make?

I don’t really remember :disappointed_relieved:

Could you try deleting your Binaries and Intermediate folders with Unreal closed and then reopen the project?

I get something similar.

I can save the project but when I open it I have to recompile the C++ scripts, re-attach Mover and Trigger to the secret wall in crypt raiders and set the box shape and the unlock key to the gargoyle in the alcove, and attach grabber to bp_player and reset the Grab/Release functions.

Everything works after doing that but it’s just on start-up I need to re-do all that. It’s good practice but I feel it’s something not quite right with Unreal and if the project were bigger then I can imagine it’s problematic.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms