Build error

Every time i try to run I get this error

1>------ Build started: Project: BullCowGame, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>main.cpp
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\enterprise\vc\tools\msvc\14.10.25017\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘corecrt.h’: No such file or directory
1>FBullCowGame.cpp
1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\enterprise\vc\tools\msvc\14.10.25017\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘corecrt.h’: No such file or directory
1>Generating Code…
1>Done building project “BullCowGame.vcxproj” – FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Try repairing your install, using the installer.

Thanks I tried that and uninstalling and reinstalling. I ended up just reformatting my computer and fresh installing everything.

This might already be marked as [Solved] but in my opinion, reformatting a computer and re-installing everything isn’t really much of a solution.

I just came across this problem myself and fixed it after a little Googling.

Turns out the file ‘corecrt.h’ is a header file that ships with the Windows 10 SDK. You can fix this error by simply going to the Visual Studio Installer and clicking the Modify button.

Once the options to modify your install come up, simply go over to the section titled ‘Individual Components’ and then scroll to the bottom (where all the various SDK installs are located) and click the check box on the Windows 10 SDK (mine had three different flavours of Windows 10 SDK to choose from so I picked the one that was for Desktop).

Once you’ve done this try re-opening your project and you should be all good!

Privacy & Terms