Build bugs -- wrong date and shrinking windows

Hi all - I’m following the tutorial closely and I am on 1.6 of the Unity Multiplayer course. I have a weird bug where each launch of the executable produces a game instance that is about 20% smaller than the previous one!!! Super strange.

Also the game is dated 01/12/2020 20:27, even though it was build on 30/01/2021 in the early afternoon. I hadn’t even started this course in 2020!

Any ideas what the heck is causing this? I’m using Unity 2020.1.17f.

The only beta/preview package in use is the ProGrids package we were told to add (although that shouldn’t really affect the builds anyway).

~Greg

Hi Gregory, is that causing any issues with the actual build? What do you mean by 20% smaller?

No the builds are technically correct. By 20% smaller, I mean that each new app window is 20% smaller than the previous one loaded.

You can go to project settings and predefine the resolution. What do you have it set to now?

Hi @GregoryFenn, did you manage to get this resolved? Let me know if you still want help.

Hya!

Predefiniting the resolution lead to pixelation when realigning the windows… the only solution I found is to force the apps to load in full screen mode. But that’s good enough for now. Not sure what else can be done, it seems to be some esoteric issue with my system configuration, or maybe a very minor Unity bug.

cheers
~Greg

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms