Bowling Animation

Here is the final result!

I keep getting ahead of the course to learn things what will likely be taught in it instead of focusing on using what was already taught to improve my scenes… Probably not the most productive use of time, but it’s really fun and rewarding to go off the rails into the deep end and follow through on my ideas!

On the previous sections I went crazy with the materials…
This time I really wanted to make convincing physics simulations, follow the object with a camera, and render the scene.

I spent a bit of time editing the pin mesh and rigid body to have better physics.
Had to change the origin. My origin was at the bottom of pins which made them wobble and never fall lol.
After editing mesh, most the pins would start fall by themselves before the ball reached them
Fixed the rigid body settings and went to from a strike, because pins fell by themselves, to only knocking half over with he ball. Even with he fancy spin toss no strike!!

Also took some time to figure out how to follow an object and stop following it in a render. I had to use two cameras and place second camera in a future location of the one tracking the ball.

Setting the black render background in composting was also not super straight forward. Had to set transparency on the renderer settings.

6 Likes

Privacy & Terms