Bender Blender

I’m working on this project to create a printed version. But while the mesh is at the print store, I create this version completely in Blender. But I had some help on Cycles nodes, to get the cartoon look.

5 Likes

Looks very nice. Will probably look into cell shading at some point.

@Wesley_Acheson Whilst you’re at it you could also learn about pixel shading as well. Gives it a very cool style, and it’s surprising to see Blender make pixel art out of fully realized 3D models.

This Blender Bender is great! I’d like to see more models from you; some original characters maybe? Woop-woopwoopwoop! -Zoidberg scuttles away-

Bender from the print shop.
I’m going to paint it by hand, maybe airbrush. I’m not sure.

6 Likes

@Morgaine_Christensen I printed this Bender (Futurama) figure, 14 cm. You can see the details when you click - enlarge- the image.

@FedPete Awesome! I’m really liking how you print these models! Keep it up!

Cycles now supports Freestyle outlines, it’s worth looking into if you’re interested in cartoon/cel shaded style outlines on your objects. It also lets you customise various aspects of the line based on various parameters. If you find any tutorials for freestyle in Blender Render then it’s exactly the same principle for Cycles (except in cycles you can use any material type, in BR I think you’re limited to toon)

1 Like

Privacy & Terms