My Chess Set base for 3D Printing

My base for printing - quick test
had to scale it up for the 3D printer.

Ray

1 Like

What kind of printer do you use?

Hello Pete.

It’s a Vector 3, 3D printer - came in weekly parts from a magazine - (90 weeks) - it’s a very nice stable printer, been so impressed with it.

3D Printer Link

Ray

Wow (if you assembled it by your self). And wow, nice machine.
I decided not to buy one by my self. I’m using an online print service. Because I was afraid after printing some models, I didn’t have ideas what to print.

I’ve printed this Blender Bender (scroll down to see full picture)

I had two print one in plastic (one color white, to be painted by my self) and one in full color in stone (plaster). The forgot to send the correct color maps (something to do with Blender render and Cycles). So it came back from the print shop in grey.
But it broke immediately on my desk. Plaster print is very fragile. So i decided not to print that again.

Pete.
Yes it is a nice desktop printer, been an interesting project. I have been printing a lot of other peoples designs and I thought I would have a crack at doing my own. I would like like to design an upright walking robot, I have already built plenty of rovers, and I program then up using the Raspberry Pi and code then up using Python. It’s a long term project :slight_smile: My grandson thinks the 3d printer is his own personal toy making machine and I’ve forgotten how many ninja turtles I’ve made. I have also printed plenty of models and a lot from thingsverse - plenty of designs on there.
This was a part chess set and board I printed (not my design) but I am working towards this level.

This course is proving very interesting, and I can design a prototype and print in the same day, so for me having the 3d printer was essential for my robotics work. I have plenty of good idea’s for design and hopefully this course will allow me to bring these to fruition. It’s a large learning curve but I have been happy enough so far with the lectures, plenty of information.
Keep in touch Pete
your work is very, very good.
I like that a lot.

Ray

1 Like

After a few different designs I have gone for the simple base, make it a lot easier to 3D print.

Ray

1 Like

Ray

1 Like

Funny, I just bought one. I like the concept. But project wise, I don’t know. I’m trying to let Bender (3d) speak… Programming is not the issue, but hardware (solder) that has been years ago :wink:

Keep the spirit up (Blender course).

Privacy & Terms