Be the first to post for 'Shading With Gradients'!

Underwater, desert sunset, orbit, and campfire

UnderwaterDesertOrbitCampfire

1 Like

Hi, some of mine

ShiledGradientAxeGradientSwordGradientGradientFlame

2 Likes

Just two here, since I screwed around and experimented a lot while doing the door ajar one which meant a lot of time used on things that I didn’t even use in the end =P
Still using that lance from a few lessons ago. The gradients that use alpha are fun. Started with a light blue gradient for background, but then flare glow to each side of the lance, and then erased the outside of the zone between the flare glow edges (selections tools made erasing that super easy) and then added a darker bg. It’s kinda silly but I like how it could be used for like tails/trails and now the lance somehow looks like it’s doing something
Lance
Although the result isn’t what I had in mind, lotsa things happened here and in the end I just decided it was time to just clean up a bit and call it a day with this one. Still had fun messing around with different kinda gradients.
Ajar

wow, seeing all the different icons here I’m feeling a little out of my league, but here’s my contributions!
Necklace3
Spear3
THEBook3
Sunset's%20Mace
I tried to experiment a little with different gradient types, but this is about all I got.

Do you mind if I set the duck as a custom emote on our Twitch channel?

Hi Ben,

Sure no problem.

Regards,

Floris

1 Like

sword dagger shield

cross hearth powerWeapon shield_inside

And work shared.
Challenge accomplish :smiley:

// with a selection assigment i used resized selection for gradiented highligths, then I used spreading tool becouse I like irregular edges more

Awesome, coming soon to our Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/gamedevtv

ChestGradGrad01OffhandGrad

I decided to extend the previous challenge with this one, making four new items with shadows/outlines of the missing item. This time, gradients were also used.
helmet helmetShadow First, I started with a helmet for armor.
NewShield shieldShadow Then, I went with a shield.
orb orbShadow I changed things up with a new border and did an orb with an engraved symbol.
key keyShadow Then I decided to go with a simple golden key.

1 Like

First%20Icons%20-%20Defensive%20weapon-Gradient First%20Icons%20-%20Offensive%20weapon-Gradient First%20Icons%20-%20Special%20Power-Horse%20Shoe-Gradient First%20Icons%20-%20Special%20Power-Gradient

WeaponDefensive WeaponDefensiveV2 WeaponOffensive WeaponOffensiveV2

flag
Axe
Spear
layeredhousewithtransparency

Wiesiek’s gradients:
pistolet%20cieniowany%2064x64 tarczagradientowa%2064x64 tr%C3%B3jz%C4%85b%2064x64

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019
Happy%20New%20Year%202019%2064x64

1 Like

I tried it with a fire-enchanted sword, an ice-enchanted axe, the silhouette of the axe (with shading in the background) and a not-at-all Diablo inspired Level-up icon :wink:

Fire_Sword Ice_Axe LevelUp Axe_Sil_GRADIENT

Having some fun with abstracts:
TropicalRings CaribbeanSpiral RadialRepeat StackedPipes

Arrows Shield Shield2 Sword

With Gradients:SteelSwordGrad SunSwordGrad Sword2Grad FireSwordGrad

Original without gradients: SteelSword SunSword Sword2 FireSword

1 Like

I took my placeholder icons from the previous exercise and just applied some simple gradients to the backgrounds

SilhouetteBodyArmourGradient SilhouetteFistGradient SilhouettePistolGradient SilhouetteRifleGradient

Originals:

SilhouetteBodyArmour SilhouetteFist SilhouettePistol SilhouetteRifle

3 Likes

Remade the rocket from Section 1
1_rocket_pad
Added gradient based backgrounds to my earlier icons from Section 2
Gun Magic%20Orb Shield

1 Like

Privacy & Terms