Be the first to post for 'Making Actions Visible Outside Blender'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Update:
I found some older blender models and those aren’t importing either. I’m currently using Unity 2017, I’m going to uninstall and go back to the regular unity and see if that helps.

Argh, I am having so many problems. I was able to replace all the empties with bones, but Unity isn’t recognizing the blendfile. I can import it as an fbx but I’m getting a bunch of extra garbage. I think what I’m going to do is go back to the beginning of the rigging section and rewatch/redo the exercises with the previous version. Hopefully that will eliminate any mistakes I may have made as well as ensure things work properly.

Head_Multiple_Animations_Bones_00.blend (633.8 KB)

Dont get disheartened, I managed to get though this section without issue because of the animated lamp section in the blender course comes up regularly in the Q&A.
I know this was 2 days ago now but if you post some screenshots of the issues with unity not recognising the blend file we might be able to work it out.
Please feel free to tag me if you have an issue and i can give you an ETA of where i am in the course. (Trying to complete this section today.)

1 Like

This section was a little challenging to be honest and far to Steve. As mentioned i coped well due to prior experience.
I felt some of the shortcuts could have done with a little reminder as its still a beginner level course IE adding a bone and remembering to hold left control and left clicking in the heirachy to rename (something i dont remember being covered at all)

Enjoy the video and going to “bounce” over to Unity :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! I haven’t touched the unity course since then, I figure I’m going to go through the blender creator course again to get a better grip on it. I’ll Try to start on the unity course soon again but I don’t want to break this roll with blender I’m on. :smiley:

2 Likes

I keep getting the guy’s eyes sitting outside his head when I import the file to Unity. If I export .fbx then bring that into unity the eyes remain socketed but they don’t animate, even though the helper icon is moving.

Reworking of Head and Eye tracking.blend (1.8 MB)

Any ideas what the heck I messed up?

@Michael_Bridges, I would like to see more in this course about animating Blender using prepared actions. Instead of preparing stuff for unity. Not everybody is building games or preparing content for it. :wink:

Pieter.

No Unity here, but did get everything working smoothly!

https://community.gamedev.tv/uploads/short-url/hM1WeK0WRZfopV68MLdPFG8rDyu

I can only get “Default Take” to show up when I make animation actions.
I tried with a door and had two actions, Open and Close.
It imports whatever animation was active when saved in Blender and imported into Unity as Default Take.
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I tried it a couple times on a simple object after it did the same thing on my eyes.
How did you get the “All animations Present”? That does not show up in Unity by itself.
[update] I figured it out, you must export from Blender in FBX. You don’t mention that in the video. x.x
That is so not cool.

Three different animations.

Finished this one finally

Privacy & Terms