Be the first to post for 'Introduction To Parenting'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

1 Like

Heres my First Attempt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I cant quite place these guys, seen them somewhere before

2 Likes

Finally gettin into some meat and potaters!

3 Likes

Mine somehow turned out a little extra creepy…

4 Likes

Going through this section again, I’ve applied only the rotation and scale to all objects, is there a reason we don’t do location?
head

5 Likes

Eye and Head

Here is my attempt. My little guy looks like he needs more sleep.

4 Likes

Hi Steve :slight_smile: ,

As Michael mentioned, if you move your model away from center of the world , and you apply the location, your origin of the model will snap back to the worlds’ center, but your model stay where you placed it. That may cause you problems when you try to scale or rotate it, as it will rotate around its origin. When you try to animate your model, or use physics, it will catch you, as the origin is used for physical calculations as well.

1 Like

Modeled a simple head for the eyes :

7 Likes

Thanks for the insight, if I understand correctly - editing/moving the model away from its origin and applying will cause this…aside from reassigning the origin back to the center, should I switch to local instead of global to avoid this?

I think global or local won’t have an effect on this. I you moved your origin away from the model through applying its transform, you can use the “Set Origin” in the tool shelf and apply it back to the geometry.

Not sure where this is going, but its fun on the way.

8 Likes

A bit unsettling…

3 Likes

might need to spend some more time on my head :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I feel that way too.

1 Like

Princess Mononoke, that ghosts :smiley:

if i watch their eyes, it feels like they got backface-culling :smiley: :smiley:

They do look like the faces, but I don’t think I ever even heard of princess monk. It must be something else.

The first model head :smiley:

My creepy little head

1 Like

Privacy & Terms