Be the first to post for 'How to Ask Good Questions'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Does it include asking about ‘How to Ask Bad Questions’? :stuck_out_tongue:
Cuz I probably have a lot of those ones lol

5 Likes

It does not include "how to ask bad questions."
I am being helpful, and trying to respond to your question … see?

Perhaps you should include the steps you took to find out if there is a “bad question” topic :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps you could go through your bad question and find any errors that may prevent you from compiling it into a good question?

2 Likes

Mainly here cause the lecture said to go and try the Q&A stuff out.
I don’t think there’s really a bad question… mayb a poorly asked question, but no bad questions.

1 Like

Hello! If the goal is to learn, there’s no such thing as a bad question! :relaxed:

1 Like

My Code

ok, that seems to work :slight_smile:

The guideline will definitely do the trick.

Thats too funny, i made the very same mistake when i first did the HelloWorld.
That rubber ducky is smart :wink:

2 Likes

Hi there!
Is it fine if I use Visual Studio 2015? Or do I need to get the latest Visual Studio?

Well, they seem to use 2015 in all of their videos. In video 3, Setup Visual Studio or Xcode, Sam even said that there’s a newer Visual Studio than what they used when recording, and he even tells you down download it. So I don’t think it matters too much.
I think it’s just some interface changes when it comes to using it in the course, but if you’re looking on what people are using on the outside, in game companies and what not, I think you’ll find more of the newer version being used than the older. But I honestly have no idea, just trying to be helpful. :slight_smile:

YAY TEAMWORK. I’m tired…

Yeah,it will be fine. You can go ahead:relaxed:

I’m actually using the Visual Studio 2015 for this course, and it semms to work fine up to now!
I think that having up to date all the software is ideal but if not, for this course with 2015 you will be fine.

Greetings!

Hi :slight_smile: . Just started with the course on unreal engine. Hope to have a wonderful experience.

Just stopping by to say hi! I love your course thus far and am going to keep going for more :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure i heard you say to upload the picture to unity instead of the Q&A lol

Doesn’t seem anyone in the past few months has answers so I’ll just chime in to say hi and that I’m enjoying the course so far. Looking forward to more. Have a good day everyone.

Hey, I’m even later than you friend, so… salutations and good luck with the course!

Truth be told, I started a couple of years ago when the course first released, as I helped back it on Kickstarter, but I got sidetracked for a couple of years.
I mean to make it all the way through this time!!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

There is never a "Bad Question"
If you don’t know the answer to something then you want to know right? So if you don’t know then it is not a bad question to you.
It may be a poorly worded question, but that is different :stuck_out_tongue:
Hopefully i can help people with their questions through my learning experience, and hopefully people can help me out too :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms