Be the first to post for 'GIFs And Layer Groups'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

1 Like

Animating fire turned out to be very challenging! And while I’m not completely happy with the result I don’t want to spend too much time on one challenge(just like I was instructed). So off to the next one! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Fire is challenging. I used the Straight Ahead method for this one. You are right about not spending too much time. Easy to get carried away with art.

9 Likes

I used pose-to-pose for the door.

7 Likes

I used pose to pose with the perspective tool. Once I got the mouth straight, I just coppied and reversed the order of the frames while flipping the mouth vertically.

Another option to prepare your animation when using layer groups is to go to Tools/Animation/Optimize for GIF. It will open up your animation in a new window with the group folder collapsed as well as removing any unecessary data. You can then adjust the frame length on each layer. I find this method a little quicker but your mileage may vary.

from to smile - optimized

3 Likes

I picked the watersplash as this challenge. It was a lot of fun again and i’m happy with the result :slight_smile:

WaterSplash

7 Likes

Rocket

Very simple RPG in flight using straight-ahead method.

7 Likes

l46_bigSplash

Pose to pose on the rock and then straight ahead on the splash

9 Likes

Waterfall becoming hazy by its mist:

Waterfall Slower

7 Likes

THE EYE IS ALIVE

I know this is not what the challenge asked for but I kinda went my own way with some of my previous artwork.

I used the point to point method for the eye movement and the blink. I used the straight ahead method for the glimmer of the light reflection on the eye.

10 Likes

Flamethrower
flamethrower_final_animation_for_gif
Used pose to pose for the fire starting up and dying off and straight ahead for the rest.

6 Likes

This was really tricky! I started by trying to make a fire that moves logically, but it turned out better if I made the particles random. But I guess that’s how fire works.
Fire_Starting_flattened

4 Likes

Used Gimp filter distort -> waves to make fire move.

CampFire

7 Likes

Jumping(optimized) Animation is hard for sure

3 Likes

Fire and Water
I choose to animate fire and water. For the water, I did the waterfall with the ripples and foam, and for the fire, I added animated lighting to the rock wall background.

9 Likes

BunnyHop128

9 Likes

Very Nice :+1:

Something strange lurking, who you gonna call?

Hunted House

2 Likes

I did a fire explosion. I found this much easier than a flickering fire, which was my original intention.

Fire_Explosion

3 Likes

Basic fire.
Eldurinn

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms