If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.
Just some old mario characters with a shadow. Got to practice the circle selection for the mushroom quite a bit.
Kay, here we go:
- Drop shadow to the gun. Selected the entire gun, increased slightly, feathered, created new layer, filled with black, and set the layer opacity to 50% or something like that.
- Gun silhouette
- Added one of the earlier fire icons to a larger canvas, duplicated and flipped vertically to a new layer. Made the “reflection” semi-transparent using the opacity setting of the layer. Added a gradient to the background, that should look like land on top, and water at the bottom. Actually think it turned out pretty nice.
Look at that drop shadow on the table! Maybe it’s not a drop shadow so much, but I’m pretty happy with it!
These are fun. I wish I had more gusto in the evenings to plough through more lessons
That potion on a table looks really really good!!
Here we go got four pictures.
Reflection I did a simple duplication of a layer then flipped it changed opacity and put it over water. I then feathered the gradient for sky over water:
Finally my take on a moon of sorts:
Plant with Shadow and Reflection (made in 64x64 to allow for more room and scaled to 128x128)
Meteor reflecting off of the sea
Everybody has such awesome examples for this one! Here are mine:
Basically copied the method used in one of the previous videos for this
Touched up my silhouette style using this helmet - very happy with this one
Peaceful reflection of a tree on a lake. Getting the layers correct was the only hard part - had to make the land into a mask to get it right.
- Summon chewin’gum ghost bat icon, with drop shadow
- Still waters icon with reflection.
- Silhouette of the tactical rum. I personally like it
- A little futuristic scene where I’ve used various selection techniques.
Axe with drop shadow
Reflection on the river
--> Drop shadow
--> Silhouette (Sort of)
I added a drop shadow to the chest piece icon and did a silhouette of the dual swords.
I used my house from earlier, moved things around a bit and added the reflection.
My castle with water reflexion
And This is an other exemple of what I can do now !!! Thank you for this amazing lesson !!!
Made another potion, with a shadow and a reflection. Took awhile, so I decided to skip on making a background setting for it.
Gave my Sword & Staff a shadow in black with medium Opacity:
Silhouette of sword:
Reflection of shield, where I covered the bottom half in blue with medium Opacity, and put a black to transparent gradient underneath. :