Be the first to post for 'Changing UI Input Modes'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Hey guys,

Feedback on the this challenge. I liked it! It was hard to sift through the documentation, especially since I don’t know the difference between UWidget, slate widget, and I’m new to Unreal. But I enjoyed that you guys are taking us on an in-depth tour of the API.

Question, I saw that we can use TakeWidget (TW) or TakeDerivedWidget (TDW), but it said only to use the latter when updating the GC Root component. Do you have an example of when this function would be needed? Does it mean I should call TDW if I’m redrawing the Menu at runtime or something like that?

@sampattuzzi maybe worth an update?

I’m frankly not sure when you would use this.

Hi again, I found Something interesting in UE4.21,there is no need to change an inputMode() in this section now,it is awesome you learn how to change that but if you use last section Tut it is enough it works fine.

Hi, I’m working through the course and I have a question about this lecture.
Current version of UE is 4.22.3 which I am using. The code shown in the lecture compiles fine and seems to work but I’m not sure if I ran into an issue or the issue did also exist on Sam’s side when he showed the result.

When I click on the background my mouse cursor disappears. I can still try to hover over a button with the invisible mouse cursor and I can see the hover effect. When I click the button the mouse cursor stays visible, probably because the button is focused by now. Clicking on the background makes the cursor invisible once again.

Also, the mouse cursor is invisible while the application/game window is not focused and the mouse cursor is moved over the window.

Do you know how to fix theses two issues?

Privacy & Terms