Be the first to post for 'Basic Level Design'!

@MrNukeNuke I am liking the atheistic of this.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

I really like your visual style. It looks a bit Tron like. Did you draw on the different thickness lines, use textures or is there something else going on?

Just used cubes for the outlines. I then added a emission from the materials and turned the brightness all the way down.

This a really go concept.

1 Like

Basic design attempt.
What am looking for in the long run is for each level to have this gumming, sweety feel.

1 Like

Awsome!!!

Hi,

I have just finished the project boost section of the course and decided to try to work out how to change the game into a two player game.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty neat! Good work!

Hi everyone. I wanted to upload an mp4 of my first and second levels but it says mp4 isn’t an accepted file type, and indeed no video formats are! Can can anyone help with this? It seems as though others have uploaded mp4 without issue.

Closest I’m allowed to do is GIF but I don’t have the means of producing these easily as of right now.

Anyway, here are some images instead. I went with a ‘flying saucer’/UFO design for my ship which meant that the original control mechanism didn’t make much sense. I had a lot of fun tweaking the controls so that it behaved more how you would expect such a ship to fly - no gravity (until you crash!), no Z axis rotation so movement is just horizontal and vertical along x and y, and I added a constant rotation on the Y so that the UFO is constantly rotating slowly as it hovers, once you’ve taken off that is.

Having a lot of fun on the course so far!

1 Like

well this is inspiring, well made first level - someday my first level will also be this nice

1 Like

Thanks a lot mate :slight_smile:

Hi, my little level for project boost project :slight_smile: it’s actually preety hard, because i reset player position if he touch anything :DD

Figured I should post something to get in the habit of screenshot/sharing. Pretty much copied the instructors theme as wanted to get stuck in. Garish green lighting is a temp fix to the shadows that are currently covering the level but I guess it has the added bonus of showing where to go. Could play with that to make secret areas!

This is my first level.
I will replace the rocket ship later with a swimmer character. The game levels will be underwater.

Note: The models of the rocks and algae I downloaded from: cgtrader

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms