Be the first to post for 'Advanced Layout Control'!

Hi… This challenge actually took three steps…

1. locate the tool icon
  2. change it to info
  3. select default in the menu.
    if any one needs exact pictures let me know
    scroll up to @Pamela_Conley we did the same thing. Quick and easy.

That was also my fix

I niked it…

I think .udmey… just wanted default… but great layout… you did this back in July,. how far are you now in the program. Your imaginative , and practical… I bit that you have some good work.

I did the same, although I wasn’t quite sure how to rotate the camera so now it’s just the top view of the cube you would look at haha. I may have missed that part during one of the sessions.

Click the little + icon at the top-right.
How i fixed layout mess

1. I clicked on in upper left tab
    Clicked on 3d view
  2. I then pulled down the top left and top right triangular tabs to bring in transform tabs and docs
    3 i right clicked clicked on lower header bar and selected maximize area ctrl up arrow to allow the top information bar to appear.
    -this was a long route trying to piece the sections together that i didn’t finish.
    To finish assignment…
  3. I clicked on top left tool tab.
    Next I clicked on info window.
    I noticed the info bar was at the bottom of screen window.
    I switched from my layout to default layout. Problem solved.

I have not been able to go on it for a while but just finishing the myan pyramid section.

It took a couple of attempts, but I finally managed it! YEY!

Just realised I forgot to flip the header bar for the Outliner from bottom to top! :expressionless:

Ok, here’s my Layout Mess Challenge completed, with video in the foreground paused at the moment of the issuing of the challenge, for good measure. :wink:

To do it I just clicked on the top left button that changes the Window Type (3D View, Dope Sheet, etc.) and changed it to the “Info” type then clicked the Layout Selection area and selected “Default” and Voila! You see the results, along with the Lecture Video taking up the middle of the prime screen real estate. :wink:

Well there you go guys and gals. Happy modelling!

Here is how I fixed the layout mess:

I opened the file. After I opened the file I went from edit properties to 3D View. Then I dragged down a 3D View duplicate from the top right hand corner. Then I did the same thing a 2nd time Then I selected info on the top 3D view placement. I dragged info upwards to fit on the top of the screen: I selected the bottom 3D view and selected Timeline.Then I dragged Timeline down, for it to only take a small portion of the screen. Then I selected the layout section and put my cursor under Default.

Now it’s back to being at (about) the default look:

I would show individual screenshots for each step I took, but I’m new so I’m not allowed to.

I made it!! HAZAHHH

This is my recreation of the default layout from LayoutMess.blend.

1. I started by changing the first editor type to Info
  2. Then I split the Info into 5 separate editors, representing the 3D View, Timeline, Outliner, and Properties
  3. Adjusted the window sizes of all 5 editors to match the Default Layout
  4. Used the shortcut Ctrl+T in the 3D View to bring up the Tools menu, and clicked the + in that menu to open up the Operator menu

Hi my name is Alex, this is my layout mess fix.

This was pretty simple but I did learn a couple of new things.

Hi, this is my solution to the layout mess problem. Very simple, change the panel to an info panel and change to default view. Lectures are great so far, looking forward to start modelling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was able to get the layout to match the default one, however my mem on the corrected one is much higher then the default one, so not sure if I messed something up or have something active that is not supposed to be…11.4 vs 8.7 I believe.

took me a few tries but, I got it

did it!I

Chipping in. I have to say even with these few introductory lessons, blender is looking much less daunting.

I decided to play around with the view a bit and look at all the different scenes, poked around my settings a bit as well to make the screen have a bit better visibility for me, so that’s why the colors are a bit different. I do wish I had a second monitor, but not at the moment, so I can’t really play around with that yet.

I found it easier to layout all my scene areas first before setting them to the proper data screens.

I just converted the window to an info window and then selected the default layout.

Privacy & Terms