Batch to choose STEAM automatically without editing the DefaultEngine.ini

Hey,
I created this batch script for me to create two sessions via one batch script and also to automatically use STEAM as a service, so you don’t need to edit the DefaultEngine.ini file all the time.

This documentation has more info about all kinds of commandline arguments:

I borrowed the 2 session idea from @rclafferty in this post and added the .ini file argument to the commands we are using.

start "" "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor.exe" "C:\Unreal\Projects\CoopAdventure\CoopAdventure.uproject" -game -ResX=960 -ResY=540 -log -WINDOWED -ini:Engine:[OnlineSubsystem]:DefaultPlatformService=STEAM
start "" "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor.exe" "C:\Unreal\Projects\CoopAdventure\CoopAdventure.uproject" -game -ResX=960 -ResY=540 -log -WINDOWED -ini:Engine:[OnlineSubsystem]:DefaultPlatformService=STEAM

Your path to the engine folder might differ :slight_smile:

And just to make it easier to see, this is the argument added to the command which does the job:

-ini:Engine:[OnlineSubsystem]:DefaultPlatformService=STEAM
2 Likes

You can also do it the other way by simply adding -NOSTEAM - this is normally how I test as it is simpler. Thanks for sharing - it is great to know this is an option also.

Privacy & Terms