Autonomous Proxy or Authority

Sam,
“if remote roll is a simulated proxy. Then we know already that the role will be authority” what this means
as you told above all Autonomous Proxy in remote device is visible as simulated proxy so
IF (GetRmoteRole() == ROLE_SimulatedProxy) it’s Role == Authority or Autonomous Proxy. is not it?

No, Role wouldn’t be Autonomous Proxy. If you see remote role as SimulatedProxy it must mean that we are on the serve and thus the role is Authority.

Autonomous Proxy in Remote Role is Authority and Authority in Remote Role is Simulated Proxy or Autonomous Proxy. Is it right ?

Try to add this to Kart Tick

DrawDebugString(GetWorld(), FVector(0, 0, 100), GetEnumText(Role), this, FColor::White, DeltaTime);
	DrawDebugString(GetWorld(), FVector(0, 0, 150), GetEnumText(GetRemoteRole()), this, FColor::Yellow, DeltaTime);

Before i added this i was really confused with roles but this made everything clear.

I’m not sure what you mean.

In short I check and GetRemotRole() for Autonomous Proxy = Authority. I was wrong

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms