Autonomous Proxy Jumping Around

After this refactor, my clients autonomous proxy jumps around quickly, and in weird ways. It ends up in the right place but will take very odd routes. I found that if I comment out simulate move on Autonomous OnRep it fixes the problem completely! This makes me think I am double simulating moves again, but I am not sure why. I tried replacing my code with Sam’s and still the same problem, so I am baffled as to what happened. Did this happen to anyone else? Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Have you tried checking out my code from GitHub?

I did the replication component, thinking the problem had to be there. I will check out the movement component now.

I found that Visual Studio suddenly stopped auto-updating my Unreal Project and I had to start using the Unreal Editor’s compile button instead of VS’s Build command, after these changes, for unknown reasons. Otherwise nothing I changed would take hold for me to see its effect when testing. Maybe you’re having the same problem? It made me think I’d gotten something wrong for 3 hours when really I had it right, and my Unreal project just didn’t know it.

1 Like

Autonomous proxy is a term used to describe one of the multiplayer states. It is not an actual proxy.

Privacy & Terms