Argon Assault - Player Input while timeline is running

I copied all of Rick’s code into my script for this lecture. I even Debug.Log the action and was given value changes for the clampedX/YPos. However, while the timeline is animated and running my ship will not move from the timeline course. Only when the animation is complete, and play is still active then I can move the player. So, it’s not the code but the relationship between my Rig and the Timeline that I’m having an issue with, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Tried tagging the rig, tried rechilding the ship to the rig. Even rebuilt the animation. Nothing has worked. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

So I rebuilt the entire program for this lecture again with no assets, and it works perfectly. Not sure which asset it was that broke the game.

Hi Steven,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

What you described in your initial post sounds as if the spaceship was animated, too. The animation overrides the values that might have been applied to the Transform by your code. This is just a guess, though, because without knowing anything about your project, it is impossible to tell what really happened in your case.

I’m glad recreating the project worked for you.

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms