Are you sure we created the SetAttack method in any of the videos?

Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention but when exactly do we implement the SetAttack method? I had to look it up in your code repository to see how it looks, and that one has 2 arguments - one for damage and one for knockback. You also implemented values for those things in the player attacks.

Here is the function.

public void SetAttack(int damage, float knockback)
    {
        this.damage = damage;
        this.knockback = knockback;
    }

@Nina Im sorry for bothering you with the tags, but evey time i make a new thread in a new lecture , there are no tags generated. Can you please add 7_AI_UTP to this post ? its for Enemy Weapon | GameDev.tv

Thank you.

@mihaivladan, done. :slight_smile:

@Marc_Carlyon, could you look please into the problem with the tags?

@mihaivladan How are you creating the topics as i click the new topic button below the lecture and click Ask and it opens a new tab and displays the below for me

As you can see the tag is added there for me but it could be that the lecture has gone live and the system needs time to add the tag.

In answer to your question, The SetAttack method in the weapon damage script was part of the challenge in the Attacking State Polish video. You can see Nathan add this method in the solution at the 2 minutes and 52 seconds mark in the video

Hope this helps on the part of the video but i am still a little confused on the tags

Hey @Marc_Carlyon . I’ve explained the issue in detail here Update Animator in previous States to CrossFade as well - #7 by garypettie

The tags show up when you press a new post from a video, but if you publish it, the tags are not added. I think this issue is mostly related to the Unity 3rd Person course, it never happened when I posted In the RPG course.

The way to replicate this bug

• Find a video that DOES NOT have any previous posts - Ex : Enemy Attacking State | GameDev.tv

• Create a new post and you can see the tags are displayed correctly.

• PUBLISH the post - and you can see the tags are not added (or at least for me)

I did that exact thing and was able to screenshot and reproduce the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms