Ancient look game scene and updates

This is my goal , Maybe it is too big for my current skill level.

I am a big fan of ancient Chinese culture and I am a architecture student.

I believe this can greatly improve my overall skills. hopefully I can finish this.:joy:

9 Likes

Wow, beautiful scene :smiley:
Maybe it is too big for the current skill level, but that is why we learn and practice!

Good luck to you! :wink:

5 Likes

I think that looks like an awesome challenge. Good luck with it and I’ll look forward to seeing it as it progresses!

1 Like

day 2

It took me hours to figure out right dimension proportions and keep the model as low poly as possible.

4 Likes

Day 2 , The roof is driving me nut… I need help…

Day 3 slightly progress.

next step will be trees and high poly roof

2 Likes

camera view

4 Likes

Day4

I tried to create a low poly lantern and bake its’ diffuse map, but apparently the metal part failed.

high poly tree asset

2 Likes

This project is coming along nicely. Really looking forward to more updates!

1 Like

Coming along nicely Guangye

1 Like

It took me 35mins to render this tree I built this afternoon.(using i7 6700k)

it will be a disaster once I put it into a game scene.

Depends on what you are going for. If this is meant to be used in a game, you might have to lower the polycount of the mesh. If the final product is an image, then you can model every single vein on the tree’s leaves for all I care, because nobody ever says: “Wow, that’s a great work of art. Shame it took so long to render” :smile:

I have to ask though, do you have prior experience in modeling and texturing 3D art? This looks like the sort of thread you’d see on CG Talk, which is mainly for industry professionals.

shed piece

5 Likes

HI, thanks for asking. This is my 2nd week of blender study. But I do have a bit of understanding of how it works since I have use revit and archicad for a year.

Using those before have REALLY increased your skill level for sure! Great job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

2nd Week

6 Likes

you’re feeling closer to home with every day!

Honestly. I am disappointed about this outcome.

It looks like made of plastic :joy:

AND I might not have enough time to do the rest work in next month.(I will keep on this for sure)

7 Likes

The buildings feels so clean. It can be for that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess that you will need modelate the buildings with some texture to give them a “dirty look”. I don’t know how make it, but I watched some people doing it. Hahah

It looks good even without that.

P.D: I translated my message and “dirty look” sounds so bad in my native language, I hope that in english don’t.
P.D2: Try to edit “Nodes” and combine the diffuse colour with a light reflection colour.

2 Likes

I think the term you were looking for is “aged” or, as many designers might say, “antiqued”. In any case, it’s looking a whole lot better than I think I could pull off right now :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms