All GameDev.tv Unreal Courses

For the exercise in Lesson 13:

I have to take a wild guess here. I know enough Python to understand what code looks like generally, but C++ is completely new here. It appears to set several integer variables when called, before calling another function, clearing a few buffer variables, and increasing the difficulty. I don’t understand why the function as it’s being defined is marked as an integer, since there seems to be some pretty complex stuff in here, but maybe it converts the output of calling the function, which would be a floating point number, into an integer in order to generate the numbers cleanly? This is all just speculation, I really have no idea what’s going on.

For the exercise in Lesson 19:

“const” seems to be a shortened version of Constant, and declaring a variable as constant will probably prevent it from being assigned a value in any lines of code except for the declaration of the variable.

For the exercise in Lesson 20:

I have no clue what the preprocessor directive does. I was just told to stick it in there, so I did. I would assume, based on the fact that the command is called “include”, that it’s calling some preprepared function called iostream, but I don’t have any idea what iostream is or what it does.

The main function statement is essentially the only code which will run without being called. Anything outside of this main function will not run unless it is called inside of the main function.

Expression statements are expression statements because they don’t fit into any other category. Expression seems to be a fallback label which you call anything that doesn’t have a more specific purpose (be that declaring a variable, or returning an exit code.) This particular set of expression statements prints strings to a terminal.

Declaration Statements declare variables. It’s pretty straightforward, and the name makes sense for what it is. This set of Declaration Statements… well, it declares variables. Five of them, to be precise, all of them constant and two of them using the preset values of the first three.

The second set of expression statements print variables instead of strings, but they’re still printing things. Nothing new here.

Last, the return statement. This is what generates your exitcode, which outputs as the integer value of main once it finishes running. If it returns 0, there were no errors. I’m guessing that when code gets more complex, there will be other return statements here and there where things could go off the rails to explain what went wrong, but with no user input it shouldn’t ever give a number that isn’t zero.

at first you have to type cl triplex.cpp
and then type triplex for your code to run

Thank you

I dont know for what reason my unreal is crashing, please help

Try verifying the engine from the Epic games launcher

ok, will try
Thank you :slight_smile:

I verified the engine from epic games, but still the same problem is occurring

Sorry i could not find any other solutions but you can share this on Gamedev.tv Discord server ,I sure there are people that can help you with that

I got it, there was some part of my code that was giving me problem, which it should have not
btw, thank you for your concern:)

l : The term ‘cl’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• cl
  • ~~
    • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (cl:String) , CommandNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I am having this error, please help me. I am stuck to this for more than a day now

I opened Developer command prompt, then typed code, then the new terminal , then this error came

This website may help you. Integrated Terminal

Also check YouTube for Setting up VS Code too there might be something in there that may help.

You by the way did you download the compiler in VS code for C/C++? You might want to check that out in extension. Also if you haven’t done this yet you need to have Visual Studio 2019 on your computer too. This is where you get the Developers Command Prompt from it is not included in VS Code since it is basically an extension of Visual Studio 2019. Hope this helps.

See my two post below your post.

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post about the little challenges on this course. I just wanted to mention that for what I understand about the “main function” is that it is the function that uses the function that we create before. It contains the call for the function that we want to use. I might be wrong but this is just the beginning. Cheers!

1 Like

can someone please help ive been doing this for 3 hours and have made no progress this is what i see (#include #include errors detected. please update your includepath.)i am now getting this message when trying to install sqlite3 (Error: Building package sqlite3:x64-windows failed with: BUILD_FAILED)

(#include *

<.iostream>

Privacy & Terms