Accessing a different style of a font with TMP Font Asset Creator…?

Hi guys!

I am trying to get a font into my game. The font is called Avenir Next and contains several styles from thin to bold. When I load it into the Font Asset Creator of TMP I seem to have no control over which style it is rendering.

And of course it is rendering the exact opposite of what I want. I want thin, TMP renders bold.

I couldn’t find anything online after a little search and thought maybe some smart mind in here has an answer. It would really up my design game.

Thanks a ton!

:V

Hi,

When you created the font asset, did you select the correct Font Style for your respective fonts?

http://digitalnativestudios.com/textmeshpro/docs/font/

In the font material, you’ll have to assign the font styles. See 2.3 Font Weights.

Did this help?

See also:

Hey Nina!

Thanks for your reply… The link did help a little. But I still don’t know how to access the different styles cause when I load Avenir Next.ttf into it there is no option or selection. Here’re are the styles accessible in my design program:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-23 um 12.34.07
As you can see there’re 12 styles in that font. But when rendering in Unity it only renders the bold face.

Here’s an overview of the map of this particular font in the Font Asset Creator after generating:

The article just talked about different weights in general but not about particular styles within one .ttf-file.

Thanks for your time. :slight_smile:

Font weights are the styles. See here:

Avenir Next is not a font but a typeface. The single weights/styles are called the font. Also see the definition on Wikipedia. With the correct terms, finding solutions will be easier.

You should have different font files, one file for each style. Select the correct source font file.

Thanks for your answer!

I get what you’re saying. The weights are electronically generated versions of the typeface. This is not what I am after though.
I am looking for the handmade style within that (and other) specific typeface. And in the case of Avenir Next it comes in a .TTC (TrueTypeCollection) format and has all the fonts/styles in one typeface. There is no separate file for each font.

I have attached it to this message so you can look for yourself. You can download it here from my Dropbox.

High quality fonts come as those packages and since I love using them when designing I’d also love to use them in my games. I just can’t access them yet.

But I shall do an new research with updated terms.

This thread might be interesting:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/font-weights-typefaces-and-how-to-use-them.699014/#post-5590963

High quality fonts come as those packages and since I love using them when designing I’d also love to use them in my games. I just can’t access them yet.

By the way, I do not want to engage in any potential copyright infringements or violation of an EULA, so I won’t help you with this problem anymore. I gave you the relevant keywords, though, which might help you solve your problem. The rest is up to you. Furthermore, I would recommend not to upload any fonts on the internet, especially not any which cost several hundreds of dollars. This is a public forum.

This thread did not yield any results…

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms