About 'Transforming Objects'!

Here’s my take. I wanted to bend the arm about 2/3 of the way but couldn’t figure out how (and couldn’t remember from when I took the Blender Basics course a few years ago).

2 Likes

very basic street light but the shadow is wrong,
want every light I used the shadow did this, The light is on the bottom of the cross bit.
I have try moving it around but …

1 Like

Looks like your lamp type might be a sun lamp.

Switch or to a point lamp and it should be fine :+1:

Thanks Mikey, eager to do the next lecture…

1 Like

2 Likes

Found setting up the actual light to be annoying as the meshes apparently do not block lights set up inside them now so ended up having to use a spot light to get the right lighting effect.

Here’s my lamp!

1 Like

Hi everyone. Here’s my lamp :]
I’m a beginner.
LAMP-RENDER

2 Likes

I’m a slow learner with all these many Udemy courses :frowning: took me a while just to figure out how to make the light bright enough to see! (I tried dragging the energy up but it maxes at 10.0, so I assumed that is Blenders max. only 15 mins later did I think to manually type in 100. Why does blender make the floating point drag UI stick to a range of 0 to 10 ???)

lappost%20with%20suzzane

1 Like

Futuristic kind of lamps. Hi!

1 Like

My lamp post.

4 Likes

Love it !

Hello everyone. Blender noob here. So here’s my attempt at making a lamp-post, though I think it looks more like a lump-post compared to most of the ones already made here. :grin:

2 Likes

Very, very simple lamp… And it was hard to do it for me! :sleepy:

1 Like

Decided to go with a simple streetlamp, used a point light and spotlight so it’d feel more natural.

(Had a problem with setting up the lighting strength at first. But then I checked the observatory, which had lighting at 1000 volts by default so I realized intensity was the problem. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Good Work!

1 Like

1 Like

Nice! I sticked to entry level :slight_smile:

005_lamppost

2 Likes

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms