1. Use our first modifier
  2. It is a dynamic tool
  3. Understand its limitations
  4. Create some awesome shapes

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Use the Boolean modifier to quickly create more interesting meshes

(Unique Video Reference: 6_GS_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

The new boolean modifier is fine and dandy. Big improvement.

2 Likes

Has a few downsides with Topology but really useful for mocking up simple scenes!

As always the boolean needs to be treated with care but this is a massive improvement over the confusion in blender 2.7*

1 Like

Im looking forward to when there is a stable version. Some modifiers don’t work well yet and some are just a huge improvement.

2 Likes

Having fun with the boolean modifier ^^ :

6 Likes

Hehe that is awesome.

1 Like

That is awesome

1 Like

Is the course out I can’t find it on udemy

Thank you :slight_smile:

My bridge arch

1 Like

Another Arch. Used a deformed sphere to cut out the centre…and elongated spheres along the corners. Will be interesting to see when multiplied. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

What i would like to see added in this part is how we make a mesh of the thing we created. When I export this into Substance now, I dont see the model I made, but the two objects. Maybe you come to this point later in the course, then I think its good to refer to it.

And great course btw. I really appreciatie you do this for a program that is still in alpha. Blender 2.8 will be my new modeling software, I like it very much! Keep up the good work

@VR_Visuals you just need to click “Apply” on the boolean modifier

I got a bit carried away

1 Like

Enjoyed the Boolean lecture. I did find that I had to apply scale to my Boolean cutter before using it. Maybe the October 1 release of Blender 2.8 caused that or I did something else wrong setting it up. Anyway, I did one as the challenge where I used a cylinder to cut into the cube and then a cube to get the straight sides of the archway. Then I did a second one after I finished the lecture in the same manner Mike showed at the end of the lecture. Both ways seemed to have worked just fine.

Here are my two Archways:

I always “brush” my models after boolean operations)

3 Likes

Nice :+1:t2:

Very basic.

Privacy & Terms