About 'Text101 Game Design'!

Through a bit of randomness, my theme came up, “witches, felony”. So to that end I’ve decided that my story will be:

Theme: Witchcraft
Player: A student that’s been accused of a felony.
Goal: Student turns to witchcraft to find a way to avoid being convicted of a felony.

Who is the Player?
Man waking from the coma after 10 years.

What is the Scene?
The world is gone crazy as the bad guy joker has release a crazy gas in the whole world making every body like the joker itself.

What is the Goal?
To the stop the Factory producing the gas and release in the Atmosphere and stop the Joker.

I’ve been listening to the synth wave mixes on YouTube while watching your course, so as expected this is the first thing that came to my mind during the lecture.

Game theme - Cyberpunk with synth wave aesthetic :milky_way:

Player - Young female protagonist. You are one of the last people who stood against new body features such as bionic organs and limbs. That’s why you are very valuable on the black market.

Goal - Escape traffickers that imprisoned you to sell on a market.

Hope it’s not a huge cliche.

Hi Guys, second day of course and I’m here for the CYOA challenge so:

Game theme: futuristic Assassin’s Creed

The setting: futuristic high tech world

The player: a trained stealth assassin… about to discover a hidden truth

The goal: infiltrating the enemy HQ and steal the intel with the location of the 7 holders of the key of Cerberus, the AI that control everything

Game theme: Fantasy
Player: Yourself
Goal: You wake up on an island above the clouds, clueless as to why you are here. You found out that you were selected to recover a precious gem called the Sky Gem. The Sky Tribe stole the Sky Gem from another tribe. Your goal is to get it back.

1. What is the game theme?

Sci-fi. Fighting your ship back from the space pirates.

The pics:

1. Who is the player?

Carl Bennet injured imperial spacecraft pilot.

1. What’s the setting?

“ISS Ulysses” Boarded military spacecraft.

1. What is the threat?

“The Onslaught”, an infamous gang of space pirates.

1. What is the goal?

Survive the attack and fight back your ship.

My text has disappeared, So that when I try to follow Rick nothing shows up in my canvas’ text window. What did I do. What do? I need to do?

Who’s the player?

Engineer trapped in building

What is the setting?

Building under lockdown after mutant outbreak

What is the threat?

Subjects mutated by prototype substance

What is the goal?

Escape the building

I love this theme. When you done. Please show to us all.

My theme will be terror.
Who’s the player?
You play with Adam. The survivor from a tragedy that kill all member from his family
What is the setting?
Lonely camp house, near a florest
What is the threat?
Demon and ghosts from his past
What is the goal?
Escape from the house…alive

house img

Theme: During the time of the Reign of Terror, French aristocrats are being sent to the guillotine for the merest infraction. There is only one man who is seemingly able to save them, the Scarlet Pimpernel. He is really Sir Percival Blakeney but his true identity is known only to a very few. Acting effete and foppish in society, he’s actually a dashing hero who personally rescues those he knows have been unjustly convicted. While in Paris, he meets and eventually marries the lovely stage actress Marguerite St. Just. His nemesis is Chauvelin, the head of state security, who will use any means, including threats to Marguerite’s brother, to get the Pimpernel. For his part, Sir Percy’s goal is to save the young Dauphin, heir to the French throne.
Pic:
PNG
Player: The user will play as Sir Percy/the Scarlet Pimpernel. The player will make choices that result in either capture by Chauvelin or rescue of the Aristocrats. Multiple scenes with the hardest level being the rescue of the Dauphin.
Goal: The player’s goal is to navigate the choices and interactions in a hostile environment to a successful rescue.

Theme: A pseudo-scientific take on the innovations of the Renaissance Era (kinda like steampunk’s grandpappy meets magitech). In a world full of furious elementals that seek to return man to dust, some have aspired to hold the line for civilization and build weapons to combat Mother Nature’s harbingers. These brave men and women are known as Maestros and Maestras, respectively.

Photo: Probably several I could use, but I decided to go with something a bit more tactile,

Player: The player is an aspiring Maestro/Maestra from the port city of Aquilae, and is free to choose their own name. Defaults would be Silas and Levi, respectively.

Goal: The goal is to stop the rampaging water elemental before it destroys Aquilae, or to get out of town before it kills you if you’re content with the bad ending.

Game Theme: Cartoon-like (dark/light)
Player: Pato the duck
What is the goal: To save duckette from Pepe the Pug!

quackers-logo|500x500

all these great ideas, and mines is just kinda silly.

a guy named Manny buys a new house, and hears growling coming from his basement. he finally decides to investigate. but the thing is, the monster should be afraid of him.

oak-monster

1. What is your game theme? Biblical game (similar to Pilgrim’s Progress but not exactly)

2. What is an image that sums up your game theme?
    http://cdn.hopeanimation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/PP01.jpg

3. Who is the player? The truthseeker (not sure yet of the exact name but similar to this)

4. What is the ultimate goal? To find the truth and get on the correct path that leads to that truth and final “home.” (indicative of heaven)

Note: The links I used are just to try to describe my idea – I assume it’s okay to do that. If not, let me know and I will delete them.

Thanks,

Theme: Enchanting Mythical Forest

The player is a young child named Tia who awakes in an unfamiliar forest.
Turns out a witch had cast a spell on her to trap her inside her dream.
Tia needs to find the magical amulet that will wake her up from her dream.

The goal: Find the witch’s amulet in the forest while avoiding traps.

1 Like

My Game will be called The Troubled Abyss:

What is your game’s theme?

Dreams; surrealism

Image that sums up your game?
images%20(1)

images
download

Who is your player?

You play as a anxiety boxer dog, who fell in a hole one day trying to look for his owner

What is your goal?

To get out of the hole.

1 Like

Theme
Survival
Who is the player?
Survivior of the ship crash
What is the goal?
Escape from deserted island (like in Survival School)

What is your game theme?
Cyberpunk

What is an image that sums up your game theme?

Who is your player?
A fixer trying to make some cash

What is your goal?
Make a successful trade deal before things go haywire

Hi everyone!

This is going to be my game:

Theme: A conspiracy that involves economic, social structure and war changes around the world for years ago.

Player A pizza delivery boy who studies Biology.

Goal To flee from the assassins of the conspirators.

Privacy & Terms