About 'Snapping To The Grease Pencil'!

3 Likes

I really had a hard time with this. Seems like I’m just not the “free hand” guy (yet?). Anyway, here’s my dude in red and bluish.

The “stoppers” at the ends of the hands and feet are spheres I used to “close” the bevelled pipes. They show because sub-surface scattering seems to restart when encountering a new object.

2 Likes
  • There is an option to close the pipes.
  • Does the end spheres have the same material as the pipe.
  • The end spheres do cast a shadow in the sub-surface material pipe, hence change in color.

Experimentation is good. But then you need to know how Blender does what it does.

Some students worked hard on the topic “Kitchen Robots”. Can you have a peek and vote? Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply @FedPete !

I found https://blender.stackexchange.com/a/71551 which suggests to close the pipes with Fill Caps. Unfortunately that had no effect on my bevelled spline. The third answer was more successful but also a bit impractical: it suggests to convert to mesh and continue from there. So what I did was convert to mesh and close the ends of the pipes manually by adding a face to the circle of vertices. It doesn’t look too nice, as I’d have preferred a rounded end, but with a bit more work I can close off the (mesh) pipes with (half) spheres.

1 Like

With more blender skills you can change the flat end circle of vertices into a half-sphere!
Don’t stick to long at challenges, there’s much more to learn and problem-solving to undertake.
Just have fun!

1 Like

Snapping to the grease pencil

5 Likes

WOW, a candy tree made of peppermint. How cool is that. :grinning:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m not a natural artist but I got myself a cheap Wacom tablet and my god… my tree looks like a rose bush in winter.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms