About 'Making A Curve 3 Dimensional'!

I duplicated the curves (Shift-d) and let them on the same spot.
But I changed the colour and bevel start end points. So I got a flower.

2 Likes

Spent way too much time experimenting with mesh instancing to try make a lawn… could not get the rotations to randomize and gave up eventually. The particle systems gave some good results but I didn’t really know what I was doing and I froze blender a couple of times. So, just submitting the bezier plant instead.

3 Likes

Last couple of lectures have been very interesting! Love the grease pencil for organic shapes. @Capricas_Kirito excellent hint re simplifying “astonishing plethora of verts”

Inspiration for this composition was based on Louis’ work in Q&A section of this lecture.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I played a bit with displacement of the floor texture and lighting. Not sure what looks best, but I’ll stop now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks good results.

1 Like

I really do like the wet floor version. A great example of materials and textures!

Some students worked hard on the topic “Kitchen Robots”. Can you have a peek and vote? Thank you so much.

Totally agree. Credit goes - as usual - to https://cc0textures.com/ for their really outstanding sets of textures.

In this case I used the color and roughness parts for texturing and used the displacement part to perform a “real” displacement of the floor in Blender. The texture used is https://cc0textures.com/view?id=Ground045

1 Like

Another cool lecture, I wanted to use displacement on the ground plane but it can be hard to line up the displacement modifier with the texture. Either that or I chose a weird texture to try it with lol

2 Likes

Making a 3D curve plant with cc0textures.

3 Likes

3 Likes

looking at all the wonderful examples here I really feel like I haven’t a clue lol

2 Likes

Looks good to me!

Because of your camera position. It looks like your horizon line is blending through the ball.

1 Like

is it distracting or cool? I can’t decide

1 Like

Personally, it looks distracting.

Better?

2 Likes

Grass and ground don’t match together very well but i call it good enough for now, added some stripes to grass so it looks more realistic than single color would look like.

3 Likes

I was having the same trouble with matching to a ground texture. Stripes were a good idea

Thought I’d play around with the grease pencil a little more and make a tumbleweed. I probably could have made a few more variations on the tumbleweed’s lines to make it less obvious that it’s made from a bunch of 2D duplicates, though the angle in the shot obscures that a bit.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms