About 'Getting Started End Of Section Challenge'!

It looks like a portal from Stargate. defending it.
Great project! And warm welcome.

1 Like

1 Like

Soo. I made something. Dont know, how to name that, but I love it.
Tried to use all technics from first part of lessons.

3 Likes

“Street art” ?

Twisted a bit my scene from the Beginners Course.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Lots of gorgeous works. Here is my final render:

6 Likes

I really like your moon, it has a personality :slight_smile:

Well learnt something new! The crescent moon looks different depending on where you are. It looked unnatural to me like that, but it is how it looks if you are about on the equator apparently.

3 Likes

It looked very unnatural to me as well the first time I visited Cyprus. I kept staring at it :slight_smile:
Now it brings some good memories.

1 Like

sci-fi bridge

4 Likes

Reminds me of TRON.

Bridge and small town in the fog at night.

4 Likes

Great town and bridge. Perhaps every window would not be lit up? Plus I feel the house windows are far too bright.

1 Like

I have to agree. The lights in the windows are so bright, I barely noticed anything else, which is a shame since the modeling of the town and bridge is very well done.

2 Likes

…And here’s my Getting Started End of Section Challenge! I’m moderately happy with it in general, although I wouldn’t mind a few more tweaks to the fog (but I had to stop futzing with numbers at some point and just ship it, heh, gotta admit, after waiting on renders, I’m excited to get this into a game engine and tweak realtime), and I may just for fun go back in and tweak the lighting a bit since the bridge elements are a bit more hidden than I’d like

I spent a bit more time on this than allotted, probably around 90 minutes, but otherwise kept to the rules of engagement. I like the high concept here and I think it’ll be a good jumping off point for future work. Cheers all!

4 Likes

Fancy fantasy Lamps. Looking good.

1 Like

Indeed a great outcome.
Hours, well spend.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it. I’m personally struggling a bit with getting the lights and fog to play well. I have the point lights in the skull set to 5000 W just to be able to see it through the fog with a density of 0.04. Had to use a sunlight just to see any texture on the bridge. I know as I practice I’ll understand better!

5 Likes

Please keep in mind the scale of things (objects). If your bridge is a kilometer long, Lights dim very easily.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms