About 'Depth Of Field (Blender Render)'!

• Take our first look at the compositor
  • Setup the appropriate nodes to allow a deep of field effect

(Unique Video Reference: 34_CS_CBC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

1 Like

Here is my Depth of Field render. I had trouble scaling correctly. I was afraid I would break something.

Very proud of this render after I figured out how to do everything.

10 Likes

While I was doing the blur rendering I went back and played around with the surface qualities of the “white” chess pieces to give it a more translucent, glassy effect. I like how it turned out and I really enjoyed playing with depth of field!

19 Likes

Sone beautiful work in here guys, well done.

Here is mine :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Really enjoyed messing around with the settings, so many options. I liked this one the best.

3 Likes

the blurry forces of darkness infringe upon the moonlit kingdom of focus

or something

6 Likes

So cool man, I love it :+1:

Awesome

I didn’t spend as much time on mine but I got a good 8k image of my queen

It’s not that blurred but I like it, Sometime I’ll probably spend a few hours to make it look amazing

2 Likes

its not 8k…I guess my screen shot thing doesn’t do that nvm

I am always having a difficult time with my blender 2.79 so everything I do is twice as much work. That being said I am so impressed with everyone else’s work I feel mine just meets the average but hoping that will improve as we go along here.

I would like to say that when you get lost and start jumping all over to get back to what we are doing I get a bit confused. My camera’s give me fits all the time but I am trying so hard! Lovin it

1 Like

DOF is so neat!

4 Likes

I did two versions of the same picture, one from behind the black queen, over the shoulder
and then a second version with her target :slight_smile:

Set2_DofKing

8 Likes

DOF Scene

2 Likes

I like the camera type “DOF effect” …just awesome:grinning:
But felt little uneasy with the sudden introduction of the node editor and UV image editor. I hope it is explained in details in the upcoming lectures.

1 Like

Checkmate

3 Likes

here is mine before and after DOF
untitled
chess%20scene%20render%202

4 Likes

This effect is kinda trick to understand in the beginning (at least for me :roll_eyes:), had to mess around with it to get this image.

2 Likes

From black’s corner:

And from white’s:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms