About 'Bloom’s Taxonomy'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. Explain the basics of Bloom's Taxonomy again
  2. Challenge to complete the tower placement.

After watching (learning outcomes)…

Combine your knowledge of [SerializeField] and Instantiate() in one exercise.

(Unique Video Reference: 30_RR_CU2)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

I found this to be a nice little challenge. Not difficult but making sure we have a good foundation in the basics that we’re likely to be doing many times over. I went that step further and found the Towers object and parented them to that. It triggers my OCD haha. Looking forward to the new method of doing this that Ben mentioned.

1 Like

Just mentioning it here because the quiz has no topic :slight_smile: there is an error in quiz 13 question 7 with the error code about coroutines. The answer says it is missing brackets (these?), but it is missing quotation marks “these!”.

Hi Frank, there are actually two ways of calling a coroutine, according to this:

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine.html

You can call the IEnumerator as a string (the way I think you are describing), with the method name using:
StartCoroutine("YourMethod");

Or you can call the way that Ben has shown is in the course, which is:
StartCoroutine(YourMethod());.

Therefore, the answer in the quiz is in fact correct, in that it is missing () (provided there isn’t also an option of selecting "" in the quiz?) :smile:

Hope this was helpful!

Hello Ashcon,

Frank’s confusion in the question might be like mine. To me brackets have always been square brackets -> [ ], or curly brackets -> { } and to these -> ( ) are parentheses. I’ve never heard them called brackets till now, and actually caused me to miss the question.
Just my 2cp.

thanks, Lowell

I think this might be a US vs UK English thing. I’ve update the question. Hope that helps.

While a google search agrees, when I was in college, I learned Bloom’s taxonomy as “Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation.” So creation is below evaluation instead of above.

I remember in college scratching my head over the fact that evaluation was at the top in my psych class. Of course, having an opinion on it must have meant I had already reached the Evaluation stage of Bloom’s Taxonomy, uh right? :slight_smile: Actually we didn’t cover it too deeply, just memorized it. So My REAL knowledge is at the bottom level.

Privacy & Terms