About 'Adding Objects'!

In this video (objectives)…

1. All objects in Blender are added in the same way
  2. Add objects to the scene
  3. Look at the operator panel
  4. Note: You will need to switch into rendered mode to see lamps working

After watching (learning outcomes)…

You will understand how to add, place and manipulate basic primitives, and other objects to form more complex structures.

(Unique Video Reference: 3_GS_BEC)

We would love to know…

• What you found good about this lecture?
  • What we could do better?

Remember that you can reply to this topic, or create a new topic. The easiest way to create a new topic is to follow the link in Resources. That way the topic will…

• Be in the correct forum (for the course).
  • Be in the right sub-forum (for the section)
  • Have the correct lecture tag.

Enjoy your stay in our thriving community!

untitled

I’ve always wanted to do one of these

9 Likes

Hehe that is awesome

Haha i thought about a dalek but i restrained :smiley:

turret

5 Likes

My turret approach

9 Likes

And thanks to the Unity Lighting course, I added my 3 point lights :stuck_out_tongue:

But good god v2.8 is a pain trying to get things lined up and the camera set correctly.

8 Likes

Nice work everyone! I tried to make it look a little cannon-ish…

Eevee render:

Also tried rendering with Cycles, and it sure looks more convincing to me… But I hope to be more Eevee convinced during this course! :wink:

4 Likes

I agree it takes a lot getting used to 2.8 after using the previous Blender versions a bit. Not sure if this will be well received by everyone… :thinking: But here’s hoping…

The “walk mode or fly mode” is still available, just the shortcut key is missing until now. In later videos mikey will talk about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess you’re saying the rest of us aren’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, tried to make an observatory with associated buildings.

9 Likes

Awesome work.

I love it when student go above and beyond in the challenges.

1 Like

8 observatories all looking at one really interesting glowing orb

7 Likes

Since my screen brightness was all the way down it made it almost look like a jack-o’-lantern eyes on top teeth on the bottom

I’m nowhere as advanced as you all seem to be but here is my first attempt with B 2.80 Alpha.
One thing i did do was to delete the top of my observatory and the bottom half of the uv sphere so that I was not including extra geometry. I didn’t do the same with the telescope so there are two faces together at one point. I could have sorted that out if it were important.

Guess I got too involved and in the end found myself with this basic SF model :hushed:
Eevee is so awesome!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Oh man, what I am missing those hot-keys…
Years of learning keystrokes and now they don’t work. All my muscle memory …

Trying to move the camera, Shift-F qweasd … gone
Am I going to enjoy this course … oh boy.

Just loading an old project.

6 Likes

Fly mode still here, just assigned to other keys and the camera rotates wildly, like at the helm of a boeing :grin:

1 Like

That’s right Alpha 2 reintroduced this. I will work it into the the course once I have finished the 3rd Section :wink:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms