2024 Collab: Week 22 “Phones” - VOTE CLOSED

Ha!

“Can you hear me now?” “What?” XD

3 Likes

This is defiantly not a submission but wanted to share a couple old projects that fit the theme. Just gunna link to them since we’re not allowed to upload videos. unmute the videos if you are able because they each have music. There is two mobile game ad concepts both a little janky but was a great learning experience. In the first one I even forgot to hide the phone that drops in after the duplicate phone is unhidden. I was having problems changing parents during the animation due to the method I was using so to solve it I just created a second phone but never hid the original. This was an internship project that never got finished because halfway threw their entire department was let go and shutdown. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Wm39vE

3 Likes

My best ideas come to me while walking my dogs, and they’re always the silliest.

11 Likes

I would add a bit of Blood to the opened Lid … :grimacing:

1 Like

Perhaps a Child with a Bleeding Ear ? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Youd better get out your Banana Pen !!!

1 Like

I love the idea and thought about the same but a bit safer for the ears :joy:… I noticed, though, that the lids’ shapes are perfect, but the bottoms of the cans are usually the same.

1 Like

Yes, indeed. In my own defense :wink: , the can was from an old project. There was no need for it then.
And that’s the problem with assets. Making a full model, which takes a lot of time and are you going to re-use the model again. Or model just what you need …

1 Like

Could look better with a few more skills … Thought count Hopefully ? Amanita Telephone Interface for Mycellium Mycorrhizal Neural Network .

8 Likes

Wow, that may become a bit toxic quite fast but it’s nice!! :smiley:

1 Like

Father Christmass sorts that out by hanging them up in their Tree to Dry for the Solstice :smirk:

1 Like

I like the evolution, it is easier to “see” :smiley:

1 Like

This time it’s going to be an old phone. It’s a bit messy so far; let’s see if work allows for polishing. Fixed some textures. The render is still very noisy, I suspect it has to do with the brass so generously applied (Edit: Yes, the normals file was damaged).

Fixed a few things (well, the cable had to be connected; that was already a technical support nightmare at the time). Behold… The Phone :wink:

14 Likes

Looking Good :+1:

1 Like

My submission: A Blender animated short featuring a chic, stylized, London red phone booth.

Really liked bringing together modeling, texturing, windy physics simulation, and some light flickering antics in this one :zap:

10 Likes

“Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be late!”

Nothing complicated, just my phones, what I use every day

7 Likes

I actually still use my 16 year old Sony Ericsson W890i. It’s comfortable, it doesn’t run out of charge every day, and it still holds my favorite games and my childhood. It has helped me out many times and I will continue to use it until the very end.
Photo of my hero

The idea to add my current phone next to it came at the last minute. You can see from the screenshot that I didn’t have time to do everything on time, sorry.

Few WIPs
so many boolean

backside. I really don’t like how the logo looks - it’s much more voluminous on the original

many little details. All of them are madly unoptimized

For more than ten years I didn’t know whose author the beautiful vampire on my phone screensaver was - a friend sent me this theme using Bluetooth. Now I know that this is the Empress card from The Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels - I couldn’t take a screenshot from my old phone, so I had to find the original and do something similar in Photoshop.

Like this. Sorry for the many words, but I’m always like this

10 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 23 “Text” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Phone” challenge may select a subject for next week 24 and win a badge.

1 Like

This was my absolute favourite phone growing up! I had an orange and black one and it was indestructible. Great model and render

1 Like

@Megane_Wang congratulations on your stylish phone Collab entry. Your composition is very nicely done. The embossed wallpaper texture adds a nice unobtrusive detail to this scene and flows into the table, making the image whole.

• Lintari - It could be an advertisement for this brand.I think it could benefit from improved lighting (multiple shadows). An very nice asset!
  • CypherPoet - Very nice animation and well executed. However, my first thought was Dr. Who… I like your composition, but I feel like the floor tiles are too prominent (distract from the subject).
  • Trucker_Pete - Fun subject (Star trek “Mycellium” based?) - Try to make a full render.
  • FedPete - It was a quick and short project - Pay attention to details (bottom of can) and the tablecloth is too much present.
  • HobbyPirates - Banana, could be more 3D

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms