2024 Collab: Week 19 “Aeronautics” - VOTE CLOSED

This one reminds me of a real building kit I had. It had a wooden frame made of “balsa wood”? Including an elastic band, like yours. Wrapped in wet paper and when dried up it shrunk a bit. Creating a sturdy frame.
But it crashed on it first flight …

Memories …

3 Likes

This is a cool idea. And well executed.

1 Like

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 20/21 “Stars” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Aeronautics” challenge may select a subject for next week 22 and win a badge (if possible).

2 Likes

See, that’s why I didn’t include a pilot. Way too dangerous :anguished:

2 Likes

ha, I think should have gone for this option

4 Likes

@CypherPoet Congratulations on the beautiful design of a toy airplane. The use of materials and details have been carefully considered. Even the propeller has good motion blur, which adds a nice dynamic touch to the scene. The animation is a bit too real for a toy, but also shows other Blender skills. Well done!

• FedPete - Even with the more hours spend on this project, it still missing realism. And composition wise it can be improved. (I spend hours to build a single tower, to be seen for 15% or so … Time management
  • Joey_Cuevas - Your scene gives a good impression of scale. I think because of the cockpit which can used as a scale reference. Adding more details will improve it.
  • Megane_Wang - Such a fun project. I got “Thunderbirds, are go” ready for launch feelings. Good use of Blender basics!
  • HenRMJ - I like your model, looks authentic. It could benefit of a different composition. Looking into the sky, but downwards the plane looks strange. Finish the project by adding a pilot and engine…
  • Joshua_Gillespie - Good model for a paper plane! Zoom in a bit more and create a scene by using a flock of paper planes (just copy and paste)
  • Lua - Great one-seater, very playful design! Try to make it more distinguishable from the background. Which is difficult to interpreted (strange shapes). Hide it and see what it does for your scene.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

4 Likes

I have still access to this forum. Not sure it will be influenced by the changes.

I want to say that the Collab is prolonged by a week. And the subject of “stars” is a two week assignment (week 20/21). You can still participate!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms