2023 Collab: Week 13 “Candy” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2023, week 13 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Candy”.

• Candy - How candy is made. Your favorite candy. Things made of candy. Where candy is sold. Just anything related to candy. Go crazy!
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 11 “Steampunk” winner Gordon

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-04-01T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

It’ll make more sense when I’m done :wink:

5 Likes

Not for the competition, Christmas Island, old work. Made for myself, following the Low Poly Landscapes course from Grant Abbitt.

Publishing this island as an example, as it fits this week’s theme. I’m not sure that I will have time to finish the new one, so at least I will participate in this way.

12 Likes

12 Likes

13 Likes

This was a great way for me to learn new things. Enjoy my “Poker with friends.”

9 Likes

Just Announced Wrestlemania 39: The Rock vs The Pinata:

“The Rock” challenges “The Pinata” for the Heavyweight title

“The most electrifying man in sports entertainment is going to beat your candy ass at Wresltmania 39, and take back my heavy weight title.
If you smell what THE ROCK… is cooking”

probably not going to finish this right now unfortunately

8 Likes

he’s gonna layeth the smacketh down

2 Likes

Capcake island. With candy!

6 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.

And the new subject week 14 “Hidden danger” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Candy” challenge may select a subject for next week 15 and wins a badge.

4 Likes

I just wanted to say that the amount of creativity and thought that is out into these models is unreal.
By the way, I put everything in the same post because it would be to many comments individually

@Kzanna I have already commented on one of your cupcakes, but it’s just such a work of art, that I’m truly astonished with the creativity and amount of work this must have taken! Nice job!

@Joey_Cuevas This reminded me a lot like candyland, the concept is amazing, and my favorite part of this is the cotton candy, the texture on that is amazing! Great work!

@Willrun I thought that this was an amazing approach too this week’s competition, usually when I think of candy and such, I think lollypops and gummies, but this really blew my mind with the creativity! Wonderful!

@umishrak The presentation on yours is amazing, I love the centerpiece a lot because of the texture and the sauce coming from above! Amazing job!

@visionary5 I really like the theme on this, and the lighting is on point. Took me a while to notice that there’s a candy bracelet in the middle, and that’s executed perfectly. Wonderful job!

Great job to all of you guys!

10 Likes

Fantastic entries. @Christopher_Powell said it well. I was going to participate but unfortunately got sick with the flu and was shivering and sweating in bed the last couple of days. :sweat_smile:

I was going to make realistic swedish “lösgodis” (loose candy) but I only got this far before I got sick.

Looking forward to the next collab :v:

8 Likes

This still looks better than anything I could ever do lol

Edit: I never realized how badly sick you are, I must have quickly looked through what you said, I hope you get better soon! :heart:

3 Likes

hope for a speedy recovery, looks like a good start on the model as well

4 Likes

@Kzanna Congratulations on you tasty cupcake entry for this Blender ‘Candy’ collab. It’s fun to see a combination of a study subject and a theme. Love the swirls as part of the whole concept.

• Joey_Cuevas - Great fluffy (snowy) idea. I think the candy (gummy bears) details ale too small, could be solve by a different camera angle.
  • visionary5 - Such a mysterious game play setting (Cookie monster…). The framing would be improved using a rectangle view, instead of a squared one. Black and grey (top, bottom) takes to much space.
  • Willrun - Good storytelling. The piñata could have more details, because it’s the center of attention (and The Rock).
  • umishrak - You could have spent some time on improving the same entry with the remarks a previous collab.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms