2023 Collab: Week 10 “Pirates” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2023, week 10 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Pirates”.

• Pirates - Piracy is an act of robbery or criminal violence by ship or boat-borne attackers upon another ship or a coastal area, typically with the goal of stealing cargo and other valuable goods. Those who conduct acts of piracy are called pirates, vessels used for piracy are pirate ships.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 8 “Freak show” winner benu

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-03-11T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

W.I.P
For any other anime watchers Luffy the future pirate king

I think I;m going with this one as final

12 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

I decided to do this project too late, so this is mostly just texturing.

All the textures are cc0 and came from quite a few places, so I’m not crediting them this week. But if anyone wants to know where I got a specific texture from, just ask and I’ll try to get back with you.

Pirate5_Slow

7 Likes

I didn’t have time to paint it properly, but because I started I decided to post it anyway :wink:

8 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 11 “Steampunk” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Pirates” challenge may select a subject for next week 12 and wins a badge.

@TheDespicableDM Congratulations on your winning entry for the topic Pirates. It is a well-composed scene. I like the contrast between the background and sea, against the sailing ship. Also, the lighting is good. Sailing on a beautiful windy and sunny day.

• Joey_Cuevas - It’s a fun action-based scene. I do miss uniformity in the design details. Like iron-framed round windows, it doesn’t feel pirate-style.
  • Medial - well-performed low poly painted sword. It’s a good game asset! I miss a bit of detail on the floor. It could use some details (crevices). It will add more depth to the scene.
  • zeRgenTa - The scene could be more playful. The wood texture introduces realism to the scene. With that in mind, I think the money box is too simple. I would expect that kind of money to be protected better with a stronger box.
  • Willrun - Colorful and stylish. For me personally, the object in the top right corner is difficult to recognize also story-wise (ship wreckage).

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone for any reason. I try to write down positive ideas and visions that I have in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms