2022 Collab: Week 25 “Animals" - VOTE CLOSED

I finally got some time for the weekly challenge! It’s an old project from the beginner course. I added the raven and tweaked the environment a bit. My asset library is quite small, so I have to use background pictures. Hopefully, I’ll expand it soon so I can make 3D backgrounds. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Collection of animals Mostly unfinished really. No time to make an environment!

6 Likes

I remember this one. Except now there is a crow (or raven?)! Who will eat who I wonder?

You could at least put a bus stop in the middle, or caravan stop sign, it would give reason for their loafing about. Otherwise their un"shrewed" activities might waste away one of 9 lives. But that might be too much of a hump to get over, especially at the tail end, or rather past, these weekly challenge.

@DANB1- I like your bird and worm. While simple, it has character. While the early bird get the worm, it seems that the bird is more annoyed about the worm simply being in his hole- “Now ya just get out of that hole there son, and crawl into my mouth, ya hear? No, no complaints this time, it is a thing that must just be done!”

Question to @FedPete- I assume that the rules assume that when “we start to vote” we don’t vote for our own projects… because there could potentially be a mighty large stalemate should people have a particular fondness for their projects… :thinking:

4 Likes

How does the voting actually work? I looked main collab post and done some searching but I don’t see any instructions. Is there a separate thread for just the votes?

1 Like

IIRC, they will set up the voting in this thread. You’ll see a separate post announcing it’s time to vote, with each of the entries listed with the creators names. Then you choose which one you want, and it will then show how many votes there are (as a percentage of how many votes have been cast).

4 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 26 “Carnival” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Album cover” challenge may select a subject for week 27.

6 Likes

Hi, there are instructions (somewhere in 2017). At the time, the process that made it to the winner was the next challenge and voting in the forum. But continuity was problematic. So I and NP5 decided to give it more structure. Better promotion on the forums. We even have our own “Blender Collab” channel.
Every week a winner provides a new challenge, I discuss the new topic with the winner if the topic is similar to previous challenges or is too difficult for a beginning student. I create the vote and new challenge threads.

If you want to create your own poll, open a new thread and select the gear icon.
But do that in one of the other channels (show, ask, talk).
Pete

4 Likes

Wow, tehre are quite some awesome works here! I am really sorry now that I missed on participating on this one, but it is nice to see such cool works from all of you guys using different approaches and styles :grinning:

3 Likes

Wow! This is so hard. I don’t think there’s a single entry that doesn’t deserve a win. I’m going to have to do some serious thinking.

3 Likes

I agree! Definitely not going to be an easy choice this week.

3 Likes

These are awesome everyone! :grinning:
Such a cool subject and I especially like all the entries with fur, such a difficult thing for most computers.
I’ve been kind of taking the summer off and so haven’t been working on my art :pensive:
But just for fun here’s a piece I made some years ago:

10 Likes

As mentioned. The vote is added in the thread.
There is one vote per person usually, (just remotely it is possible to set three per voter, but rarely ever used).
Vote has an end time, to create a result, so you can’t vote on old ones.
There is a ‘leap frog’ system to keep thing flowing easily, winner chooses the subject in two weeks time. That way the next one can start the moment the old one closes and is being voted on.

Thanks go to FedPete for all the admin of it.

2 Likes

I like!

If only he had a cigar in his hand, a straw hat, and a Hawaiian shirt!

I used a free photo editor and swiped these pictures…

6 Likes

Oh man :laughing:
I didn’t realize he’s in just exactly the right spot for those too. A little smoke, ashes falling…

2 Likes

It was one of those pictures that I was maniacally giggling to myself the entire time because I thought I was so very clever…

Actually, I had to look to find pictures that were roughly the right angles to your picture. So rather he was the reference for them- they managed to be the right angles for him.

I thought of that…

2 Likes

Better?

5 Likes

This is an undoubtedly better image than my original :laughing:
You even added shadow where it should be on the shirt and matched the DOF closely.
Bravo, sir. :clap:
My one critique is the shadow of the head on the wall, doesn’t match the hat’s shape.

2 Likes

It is true, it is a bit round rather than a bit flat…

But did you at least notice the shadow coming off from the ashes?

1 Like

Such attention to detail!
It’s the little things :grinning:
Makes me want to submit other old artworks just to see what you’d do to them :laughing:

1 Like

Funny you say that, I was thinking of it- I think the next Blender topic should be to steal your pictures and edit them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms