2022 Collab: Week 20 “Spaceships” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 20 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Spaceships”.

• Space vehicle, the combination of launch vehicle and spacecraft
  • Spacecraft, a craft, vehicle, vessel or machine designed for spaceflight
  • Starship, a spacecraft built for interstellar flight
  • Subject selected by the previous week 18 “Low poly art style game props" winner: bOBaN

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-05-21T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

Old project, part of animation concept.

8 Likes

Found an old model from when i started doing some little first steps in blender (2019). Loved the concept in wireframe mode, but didn´t knew how to work with colours, materials, textures back then. Haven´t touched it until yesterday. I´ll take this collab as an opportunity to actualize the old project file and create a scene.

Original idea for the spacecraft was to be a vessel for exploration and scouting. Small (for max 2 pilots), agile and swift. Equipped with little but powerful multi-use weaponry (to shoot laserbeams, light the area, 3d-scanning)

WIP

spacecraft_03

Already got a little over the top with the highlights, gotta reduce that in a clever way. The intention is to imply that there´s energy-streams flowing through the chassis. I want to keep the topology simple but will also apply some more details.

6 Likes

Exciting model!

4 Likes

Old scene. Using the built in spaceship generator! :grin: :space_invader: :alien:

9 Likes

My old low poly ship scene :grin:. Don’t know if I’ll be having time to built something new this week for the Collab :frowning:

What is this magic you are talking about? How can I acquire those powers?

7 Likes

I thought it was built in, perhaps it is no longer it is old. However it can be added still.

7 Likes

ooh… awesome! Thanks! New toy to play around!

4 Likes

This addon didn’t want to work for me for some reason. :confused:

Update #1: Ignore my above statement. Got it to work now. I iz a happy camper now.

Update #2: Thought I got it working, but I was fooled by Blender.

3 Likes

Have you tried using the same Blender version as in the video? I think I saw there 2.93. You could generate ship in this version and move it to the new one if it’s new version problem…

Might be related to the Blender updating. It may not be being maintained any more to work with updates. I used it a while ago.

1 Like

I’ve got a busy week, so I did my final entry (1st one) in one day off (13 hours straight - my eyes :sob:).
Based on concept art by ruukle. Of course, my artwork is too simplistic compared to his concept, and the topology is terrible, but I don’t have time to comb it right

10 Likes

It looks awesome though!.. but health is more important than Blender, take care of yourself!

(I myself was very excited to build a high poly spaceship… and 99% I will not make it… unless some low poly thing)

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. Thank you for the suggestion. :smiley:

1 Like

I went and downloaded the Spaceship Generator add-on, and watched that quick (abt. 4 mins) tutorial on how to use it, and well all I can say is YEAH!!!

First of all, this is NOT an entry. This is just what I was able to get with my first attempt at using the Generator. All I did was add a 4th light to the 3 I usually start my scenes with, as well as moving the lights and my main camera around, and I’m pleased at how it looks.

Needless to say, I would have a lot of work if I wanted to actually make it more unique, but I’m pleased with what I got just by setting it up initially. Also needless to say, I WILL be playing with this when I have some free time. I know, I’m dreaming about the free time, but you never know. :wink:

4 Likes

The only light in space is the closest star/sun. Or effectively none if not close to one. No 4 point lighting systems! :rofl:
Well, you might create moons and planets close by as providing ‘bounce’ lighting from the local sun.

Or you now need to create a spaceship dock/port that is servicing it and has floodlights! :grin:
Now you need a planet and/or spaceport generator!

2 Likes

:thinking:

What I need is a generator generator…

:joy:

2 Likes

Geometry nodes are available!

1 Like

Well this isn’t supposed to be an outer space scene. I was just trying out the Generator to see how it works. :grinning:

The 4th light is an Area light, not a Point light, but that’s just so folks could see the top of the spaceship more easily than what my 3 Point lights were giving me.

If I get around to doing a scene, well I’ve done them before, though not in Blender, so anything’s possible. :wink:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms