2022 Collab: Week 15 “Architecture" - CLOSED

You have still time!

Try not to pursue realism, but near realistic. It would help the composition.
Like a road to the door, barrels, etc…

2 Likes

Right now I’m working on the house itself like i mentioned above and once I’m done with it, I’ll work on the composition… thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I’ll add the well i made for the course with some new textures too.

1 Like

This is an old project (NOT A SUBMISSION). Architecture Mr. Escher.

11 Likes

I’ve been fairly under the weather this week, and a bit zonked for it. Think I’m going to end up sitting this one out. Good creating, everyone!

4 Likes

Done redoing Structure and lights.

Hoping to complete the scene in time.

How is it appearing now? Tried to incorporate maximum of the suggestion.

4 Likes

I think it’s better, more a house, less “Colorful Christmas tree”.

Is furniture missing? I still find the camera on an odd height. The viewer has the same height as the roof of the lower building part. Also, it introduces a horizontal line, splitting the image in two.

3 Likes

Is this the Camera Height you are suggesting @FedPete ?

Furnitures and other Assets are already made. They need Appended them in the project and place in their positions. Hope will be able to do in time.

I see and agree with what FedPete is saying. The ‘eye’ of the person taking the image if it were a photo, is at the same height as the floor of the upper story. Of course that is perfectly possible, he may be standing on a bank or slight hillside. I do not see it as ‘wrong’ but perhaps not the best angle. If the viewer were standing on the same ground the building is on they, if looking straight ahead, would see some underside of the ceiling of the ground floor.

2 Likes

But is the second Angle not correct with perspective view?

1 Like

Started pulling in the furniture.

Rest may be able to do tomorrow.

3 Likes

Added some more Furnitures today.

3 Likes

Try to play with camera positions in Eevee mode, for quick renders.
Don’t look for colors, light, etc. But look for composition.

Flip the image (left-right) and see (feel) if it still looks good.

1 Like

I am planning to showcase a ladder and some furniture inside the right hand room. So I am having a feeling of having the camera position doing well for now. May be a bit of rotation after the model is done will do.

The Model is coming up bit by bit. The further progress of some plants, trees and more light.

Till now Cycles render time is 8 Minutes 55 Seconds with with 1000 Samples.

6 Likes

Mostly done now. Some tweaking remain.

It’s now becoming too expensive on my GPU.

2 Likes

My Final Render Submission!

My system is now running out of GPU memory, so did the final render.

Thank you @Yee @Josa_Booba @NP5 @FedPete for your time and comments. They went a long way improving upon my house.

Ah, I finally could pull this out!

13 Likes

@umishrak - Really an enormous improvement. All the main elements were already in place, but the final result is a vast improvement.

These things are hard to explain, but the eye likes what the eye likes, and this is very pleasing on the eye.

Very well done.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your advices and appreciation!

2 Likes

Final Render : Retextured roof ,walls and chimney. Took care of stretching on planks, added trees, fence, stump, wheels, ground. chimney smoke and path. Also added fog and used a better hdri for environment. Didn’t have too much time this week so this is the best i could do today.

Rendered in Experimental - CPU so it took about 40 minutes to render. Some issues I faced is that the placement of objects (for instance the wheel on the ground) changed when i rendered using Supported - GPU and Experimental - CPU. Have no idea why that is but it took me a lot of time to just position objects in a way that it didn’t float above in the ground (in Experimental - CPU).

14 Likes

Very well done!

1 Like

Thanks!

Privacy & Terms