2022 Collab: Week 12 “idioms" - CLOSED

Gruesome and good! :grin:

How does the eye float?

Very nice cushion and eye.

… what about an apple in the shape of an eye …

1 Like

Thanks! How does it float? Well, it’s The Eye of Cthulhu. Cthulhu being a very powerful cosmic entity is capable of many things that are beyond comprehension for us mere mortals lol

P.S. I’m referring to the game Terraria in case you don’t know what I’m on about :grin:

1 Like

That’s too much surrealism even for me!

2 Likes

Good one! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I like the concept and execution. I think the bumps on the lemons are a little too big, and they’re a little too shiny.

7 Likes

Thank you! Although “When life gives you lemons make lemonade” turns out it’s a proverb and not an idiom, so I have my doubts about it. Now, “know the drill” is an idiom so it’s okay, I guess? :sweat_smile:

True, not only the bumps and shininess. The lemons do need some more work for them to look realistic. I gathered some references myself but didn’t look at them too closely yet. Some texture painting and sculpt will probably have to be involved. I’d like some more variety in their rotations and positioning but I’m a geonodes noob so we’ll see. :slight_smile:

The lemonade looks more like lemon tea, but will fix, too.

2 Likes

Updated submission:

Adding some more cracks to the ice and movement to the boots. Not really sure if the darker color works for the scene or not :thinking:

8 Likes

Hard to put my finger on, but the former one had more of a “wet, fragile, just about to give” sense to the ice. This one still seems thin, but not as much, at least to me.

1 Like

First I’ll post the euphemism. He’s not fat, he’s just big rigged…

10 Likes

thats funny

2 Likes

Still WIP, but it’s getting there. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think it works, but the previous one had better contrast

2 Likes

I think this one’s final:

Thanks to @Kax and @bitpatio for their input! Hopefully it looks better now. :grin:

10 Likes

WIP Drunk as Lords

Anyone know how how remove the circular haze that I have on the left side of the screen? It seems to be caused by the volume scatter node.

11 Likes

Maybe moray effect?

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=moray+effect&iax=images&ia=images

2 Likes

[WIP] Creating this was a “Piece of Cake”! geddit? :smiley:

Help needed:
How can I make the bread texture more realistic? Right now it looks very stylized/fake. I just have some noise texture applied to the normal.

7 Likes

You need to do a mix of bump and displacement.
There’s a really good tutorial on sponge material on YouTube. I’d start from there and adjust it to look like a cake.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The bread is looking much better now:

13 Likes

Perhaps the effect you are after can be done by camera depth of field rather than a volume scatter?

1 Like

Would chocolate run off the top after cutting a slice? May be my food ignorance, but for me chocolate on cakes cracks when cut not runs off.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms