2022 Collab: Week 1 “Glassware” - CLOSED

Ah thanks I do appreciate positive critiques! :grinning:
You are right, if I wasn’t too lazy I would try and fix the color twist as it does look off.

I have to say that this has been the most active, inspiring and involved collab I have seen. I can’t wait to see everyone’s final renders. Always a pleasure to see the variety of interpretations from a single word or subject.

2 Likes

Even the model is surprised =)
I’m laughing nonstop here!

1 Like

Unfortunatly I won’t be able to enhance mine, I’m back to work so I have limited time now and I barelly finished the bowlling section of the course =(

You are right about the proportions, of course; yet I have to say that it might be a benefit. From the medieval times we know glasses that had a tiny or no feet at all, so the person who drank from it had to take care of it and had to drink it out completely before placing it somewhere.
I guess there’s still stuff we can learn from these times :grin:

1 Like

If i had found this via google search I’d been sure it was a photo - awesome job! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Dude… the glaswear is great :joy: :joy: :joy:
Awesome idea :smiley:

2 Likes

There was a big plans and ideas as usual and half the job done :slight_smile:
Because it tastes better than it looks I’m doing no more today :shushing_face:
My entry this week. Uneventful props.

14 Likes

That is a very nicely made silver mounted glass claret jug there! I can only find one example of that lid lifting mechanism in image searches. To me it is unusual. Very nicely set up and lit too. Now half fill the wine glass, add several different fruits, Possibly some cheese and crackers and you are on the way to a classic still life! Day or so left to go! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s from Two Antique German Repousse Silver and Crystal Glass Jugs For Sale at 1stDibs
Not close to exact copy but who have the time/or skills :wink:
Didnt think about the snacks… :roll_eyes:
Hmm.

3 Likes

Oh, seems like we have the same friend :sweat_smile:
Nice guy, right? :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous

3 Likes

Your modelling and texturing are amazing. I love that jug.

3 Likes

I am using blender 3.0. it’s not working for me…

2 Likes

What’s not working? Caustics or the Volume Absorption shader?

If it’s the caustics then you need to use Blender 3.1 build D13533 specifically. I haven’t tried any newer builds and the build is experimental, so it might not work on your system anyway.

You can find it in the lists here for whichever operating system you use.
To make it work right, you also have to use Cycles. Under the Object Properties, turn Caustic Caster and Caustic Receiver on for your glass objects. Turn Caustic Receiver on for your solid objects around the glass, such as the floor/backdrop in my image. Lastly, the light has to be set as a Caustic Light under the Object Data Properties.
Sounds complicated, but it’s really just a few check boxes.

If it’s the shader that’s not working, that requires Cycles as well. Glass and Volume Absorption don’t work right with Eevee.

1 Like

Stained glass window. I guess I forgot the ‘ware’ part, just the glass here :grimacing:

15 Likes

Can you make it brighter …?

1 Like

Thanks.
t’s really seems complicated… I will try… first time I am reading about Caustic :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yes! Thanks for pointing that out, the sun was ‘off’ :see_no_evil: Not sure if it’s much brighter though… Just added some nice reflections and shadows.

16 Likes

Privacy & Terms