2021 Collab: Week 50 “Organic” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 50 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Organic”.

• Organic (military), a military unit that is a permanent part of a larger unit and (usually) provides some specialized capability to that parent unit. Organic (model), forms, methods and patterns found in living systems, often used as a metaphor for non-living things. Organic disease, involving or affecting physiology or bodily organs.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 48 “Mythical Creature” winner: Digitz

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2021-12-18T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

Don’t forget the special Christmas challenge!

2 Likes

my atct basicly a creeper atst

5 Likes

Natty or Not Farms fruit basket :wink:

made a few alterations to some textures to make them look less uniform and changed the pineapple a bit

4 Likes

A Rustic, untouched organic Landscape

5 Likes

Remove all lamps. Add Sky Texture in World lighting tab.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

On to it!

It is “Organic” but It seems that the font was badly chosen.
But I’ve no energy to do it over.

4 Likes

Vote for “Organic”

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 51 " Default Cube has already started. The winner of this week’s “Default Cube” challenge may select a subject for week 52 (the last of this year 2021).

they should add them into the game asap!!!

• Willrun - I think it is a good scene! But the colors are too ‘flat’. Maybe in Photoshop/GIMP/Krita auto brightness…?
  • umishrak - Great crater composition. Is miss the sky colors to enhance the colors. Strange dark spot on the lake …?
  • Caleb_Kofoed - Give the red color shapes an emmiter for glow/bloom effect in Eevee.

Congratulations to FedPete, that’s me.

2 Likes

The dark spot is rock popping out of the water!

I was trying to experiment with wetness, but couldn’t make it this time. Had I had been able to make the global realistic wetness on the protruding rock, I would have created some moss on the rock sides. Will try again nailing it with Nodes.

Yes, I blundered with the sky colors.

1 Like

Use an image plane, with sky photo.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms