2021 Collab: Week 48 “Mythical creatures” - CLOSED

I wanted to work on something else.
But instead, I dissected and reassembled my Orc.

8 Likes

Thought about reusing my horse from the amusement park to do a unicorn but changed my mind wanted to practice my sculpting more

1 Like

Looks like a ray harryhausen creation lol very cool

This was my first attempt to model a horse like body (no sculpting). I did some sculpting in the past but don’t feel ready to get back to it :sweat_smile: Well, I guess when will start to work on the orc eventually :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Fairy

6 Likes

Vote for a Mythical creature

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 49 " Set sail has already started. The winner of this week’s “Mythical creature” challenge may select a subject for week 50.

2 Likes

I fell a sleep while rendering :joy:
But here he is. Late for the battle Angel has landed.

10 Likes

Looks cool, your background image reminded of the intro scene of witcher 3, fire arrows flying.

2 Likes

If I knew, you needed more time, I would have waited.
But I saw a big project on it’s way and thought you were busy with a Christmas special.

More close up I think?

2 Likes

Nah. Don’t worry. I started it so wanted to finish it. I’m just glad its over :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I also thought you were onto something else and skipped this one :grin: Good one anyways, btw how long did it take to render?

Hi. And thank you. I’m not much Christmassy so having trouble to find inspiration. Keep on thinking about it, although apparently best ideas come when you don’t focus on them…
This one took 2 hours and than I feel asleep.
I don’t like it though. I spent long time on making armour and fine details and it isn’t showing due to low ress. 2K with 500 samples. It looks just blurry.
So here is better version. It took 11h 58min to render on 4K 1000 samples Than bit of postprocessing and I finally call it finished. To my abilities.
It my look like he is hovering slightly but this is moment before landing impact :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Postprocessed image

Raw render

7 Likes

So, that guy is made of mist/smoke and wears armour? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

I like the first render though.

1 Like

Off course. He fights evil in physical form so needs sword to deal damage. Armor is enchanted and protects him from spells etc. :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes this one lost dust on the ground. Post processing can fix it I bet but I just got in to it. Its amazing how it splits render on to every single component and you can change emission, volume, reflection, noise all individually. Mix few renders on to one. Have like Cycles environment and Eevee puppet animation and overlay it.
Fascinating :grin:

3 Likes

That makes sense and I’m just going to pretend I understood everything you said about rendering.:grin:

3 Likes

I mean Compositing.

3 Likes

Wow, cool stuff.

2 Likes

Very nice full screen 4k size.

1 Like

Here is my entry.

Sorry for not trying to explore much about Collabs till now.

Nonetheless, will now be a regular

10 Likes

Next time!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms