2021 Collab: Week 39 “Movement of goods” - CLOSED

those are grocery bags

1 Like

I had no time.

7 Likes

Clearly in the second image the giant virus has eaten the driver!

2 Likes

Hi everybody :slight_smile:
Haven’t been for a while. Due to recent changes in life I find my self lacking spare time to carry out any of my hobbies. But I worked around and should be able to put couple of hour in to blender going forward.
This is my entry for movements of goods. Quite a biblical times. “Wool merchant”

8 Likes

Quick update.
My friend suggested there ought to be some hay sticking out so Ive dropped some quickly. Also Ive noticed double shadow from light above. ughhh. With hay donkey will be happier.

5 Likes

Add tracks … foot prints?
because the level of detail is high, and then it’s all about things :wink:

1 Like

Hi Pete. I tried to keep details low. Just not in my skill set just yet. Was imagining whole set with track pebbles and town behind. Just dont have time anymore. Have to call it finnished :slight_smile:
But Donkey is actually lowpoly underneath. So that’s something.

5 Likes

of course I understood this. I have also less and less time.
I like your entry, so I thought of tiny improvements to tease you …:slight_smile:

But a normal map on the floor plane, to mimic tracks and prints …
In photoshop (Gimp), a gray value bitmap, transformed into normal map.

2 Likes

Very nice. There is frequently more one can do to a collab entry but the time restrictions often mean one has to go with what can be done. They are good models that will be handy in other scenes one day.

3 Likes

You right about that. I need to make couple of human characters that I can use later in the day. Other than that blob I’ve mocked up here. Good job his a sleep with rug over his face lol.

1 Like

Couldn’t resist though. Feels bit heavy. I guess its a case of finding balance between too empty and to much stuff. Im going with this one. And it a final one I promise.

6 Likes

yes, heavy. Because you’ve lost the low sun and long shadow on a sandy landscape.
And also the color shifted by the introduction of the grass.

1 Like

Yup. Too much is too much. Grass is overwhelming :+1:

All the time that I was inactive, amount of renders I’m posting today Is more than enough to make up for it :rofl:
Last take if not to late. I think thats better now

5 Likes

Loving the wheel tracks, as they really add to the scene.

That said, I happen to like the “grassy” scene as well, with the road going all the way back up into the hills.

2 Likes

Thanks Miss_B .
I think different lighting would suit grassy version better. Will do some experimenting later. Takes long time to render this one.
Funny how when you work on the scene and you like it very much and think thats it. Than you go away and come back to it after an hour and see all the things that are wrong with it.

3 Likes

Voting for “Movement of goods” theme - week 39

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 40 “ Paint has already started. The winner of this week’s “Movement of goods” challenge may select a subject for week 41.

1 Like

I think this is brill, xxx jess

@XtremeJam87 check this out

1 Like

@Mateusz , congratulations on your funny and beautiful colored scene. I like the dynamics of the illustration because of the slope of the ground. The details are in the center and the donkey is well done!.

• Pete, busier with the armatures than with the final image.
  • jessbernstein, I like the structure of the elements, Looks like art. The text isn’t in perspective …
  • Caleb_Kofoed, green on green - we can’t clearly see the drones.
  • Enodes, it doubles… birds view and the two birds on the roof. Funny idea also, but I miss focus. The whole image has many details.

Still working on “Paint” … you have still some time …

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms